Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
MD3

Seneca - Air Chuck Install ??

On my class A there was an air distribution block on the front of the coach that I was able to simply thread in an air chuck.

On the Seneca (M2 chassis), is anyone aware of an easy spot to add an air chuck ??

If no easy spot to add an air chuck.... I am thinking of doing an air hose reel next to the coach batteries and tie it into the air line for my add on air horns. I already have an air pressure protection valve on the air horn line.
The air horn line is 1/4". Is a small 1/4" line going to be enough to feed the 3/8" retractable air hose ??

Looking for thoughts and ideas before I start this project.

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD3 View Post
On my class A there was an air distribution block on the front of the coach that I was able to simply thread in an air chuck.

On the Seneca (M2 chassis), is anyone aware of an easy spot to add an air chuck ??

If no easy spot to add an air chuck.... I am thinking of doing an air hose reel next to the coach batteries and tie it into the air line for my add on air horns. I already have an air pressure protection valve on the air horn line.
The air horn line is 1/4". Is a small 1/4" line going to be enough to feed the 3/8" retractable air hose ??

Looking for thoughts and ideas before I start this project.

_
I have a regulated air fill on my 2014, big difference is that I don't have air brakes. I installed my fill in conjunction with my air horn installation and tee'd the same 1/4" tubing to the regulator and the horns.

I did add a 2.5 gallon additional air storage tank (after the pressure protection valve) and my horns/air fill come off the new tank. I have used my fill to top off my Seneca's tires, air up several car tires, clean with my blowgun, and inflate various toys. While it isn't as robust as my 5-hp/80 gallon home compressor, it has always gotten the job done!

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...lbums1069.html
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote