Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2019, 11:27 PM   #1

Seneca Cabin Lights / Dash Remain on

Hi,

Just got a 2019 Seneca this past week. Love it, out on our first trip. The cabin lights, door lights, and dash lights won't turn off. I have ensured the doors are closed, turned the ignition on and off, cut the main power (then started and stopped the engine), but they won't turn off. Also with no key in, if I depress the brake pedal, the ignition lights and gauges come to life as if I could start it right up.. any thoughts?

Matt
maximus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:55 AM   #2

Welcome to the Seneca family. i too have a 2019 Seneca, my cabin lights turn off, but the dashboard lights flash on and off, clicking every second. This last for about 2 hours, then it stops. In April, I attended a Freightliner training rally in Yuma.

I asked the Freightliner rep what was up with the flashing dash lights. He told me there was an issue with the Jayco installed radio and the Freightliner electrical system. He said that Jayco has a fix and referred me back to my dealer. In mid April, we took our Seneca to our dealer and following Jayco's instruction to stop this behavior attempted to stop the flashing.

The fix did not work, so back to square one. Good luck with your issues and I hope that they will be able to fix your vehicle.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:45 PM   #3

New 2019 Seneca 37TS. Having the same issue with the flashing dash lights. Any new news on this issue?
Kingbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:19 PM   #4

With no key in and stepping on the pedal and the dash coming to life is normal.

On our 2018.5 I had the dash lights and outside park light flashing issue twice. When it happened I was also trying to figure out the hum that was always coming from the speakers on the Garmin/Fusion unit and one of the suggestions was to run a new ground wire from the stereo to a chassis ground, there are 2 just left of the steering column on the inside firewall and cap the original ground wire, which I did. After that, I still had the hum but I have never had the dash lights flash again in over 12k miles. I always felt it had something to do with it since it never has happened again. Still had the stereo him but that was the video cable to the tv that was causing it.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:46 AM   #5

Thank You. I will give it a try.
Kingbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #6

another question, how do you turn on the lights over the overhead bunk, and under the storage compartments
Old 10-02-2019, 11:53 AM   #7

Overhead bunk light switch is on the ceiling on the drivers side of our RB. Kinda hard to see as the curtain half covers it. The compartment light all have their own individual switches right on the light itself. This is all on. 2018.5 RB.
Attached Thumbnails
FB313B65-3DD1-488C-90E8-818E33EEE76D.jpg   CF083D8C-D605-4386-8DAA-AF8215802E7E.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote