Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2018, 11:33 PM   #1

Seneca Cable TV Issue - Does Everyone had this Problem

So we are out on our first trip in a CG and plug in the CC TV into the Utility Center and go through the channel search on the TV. Skip forward. I have read the threads about turning off the Antenna Booster. Did that. Done the TV cable channel search - doesn't work. I think Jayco changes there TV set ups weekly. The latest for a Seneca is a Connexx setup using Cat 5 or 6 cabling with a my term "booster" on the end fitting into the HDMI #1 port on TV. Box in the cabinet above the sink. Will run up to 4 different sets. I have three. All have TV via antenna. So I am guessing I have to pull off the little wall with the TV antenna mounted on it and figure out what they did with the line coming in for Cable. Mine is a 2018.5 Seneca 37K. Anyone have this type of set up? First time trying to upload a photo so we will see fi this works. Shows the front of the connex switch.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #2

I also have the same problem but I'm not sure you can do what i did. I have an rb with the deluxe entertainment center, meaning i can get to the back of my tv. I had to run the cable from the campground connection directly to the back of my tv. I ran it in through the cab door. Calling customer service I got the prints of how the wiring should be and discovered I'm missing a wire.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #3

Is the CG cable signal digital or analog? Jayco replace one of my Jensen TV's with a Sekei. The Jensen has a processor that allows for both signals - the Sekei does not...analog only. If that info is not in the manuals, call the mfger.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #4

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
I also have the same problem but I'm not sure you can do what i did. I have an rb with the deluxe entertainment center, meaning i can get to the back of my tv. I had to run the cable from the campground connection directly to the back of my tv. I ran it in through the cab door. Calling customer service I got the prints of how the wiring should be and discovered I'm missing a wire.
I was hoping for something simple but, ha ha. My main TV in the living room backs up to the 2nd 1/2 bath in the K series. Everything is buried. I can see behind the Utility Center where "cable in" leaves and heads off to a bundle of wires.
Problem with this trip is my Satellite is under tree cover and cannot get a signal. Probably do us good to stick with the 6 over the air channels.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltW View Post
Is the CG cable signal digital or analog? Jayco replace one of my Jensen TV's with a Sekei. The Jensen has a processor that allows for both signals - the Sekei does not...analog only. If that info is not in the manuals, call the mfger.
Thanks Walt. Its a digital signal at the present park. TV's all new Insignia. When booting up TV will find the on air channels using the Antenna Booster. Following previous threads I turned off the booster and did cable "out of the wall" search on TV and won't find any channels. Photo I posted there is only one "TV coax" coming into that cabinet and is plugged into the Antenna Booster.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #6

Can you go from the cable jack from the CG directly to your tv?
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #7

Update

So in pondering this problem and before removing panels to look for the cable in wire, I thought to myself, "I wonder if the factory had a dyslexic installer and put the cable wire on the "sat" wire connection?" The utility panel has a Sat coax and a Cable coax connection. I switched the coax from Cable to SAT and ran a channel search. Eureka it worked. You do have to have the Antenna Booster "off", mine is a King and is easy to turn off. Problem solved. Footnote, not one word in the Owner's manual about the Cable and satellite connection on the Utility Panel.
Cheers
Old 09-11-2018, 11:40 AM   #8

I found that was how I was able to get the digital signal at some camps. There is no splitter in the internal coach satellite cable to the single TV. Our Seneca has 3 televisions hence a splitter. You will probably find your other TVs (if applicable) do not receive the signal using 'satellite'.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWest View Post
I found that was how I was able to get the digital signal at some camps. There is no splitter in the internal coach satellite cable to the single TV. Our Seneca has 3 televisions hence a splitter. You will probably find your other TVs (if applicable) do not receive the signal using 'satellite'.
Nope. My 2018.5 Seneca has three Tv's and all now get cable.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:38 PM   #10

The cat 5 to HDMI setup is a splitter only for the Blueray player (or other additional devices that you can plug into the splitter). The coax cable runs from the basement storage up to the antenna power switch, which then splits to the TV's. If antenna power is on, the signal will be from the antenna, if it is off, it will be from the basement storage plug.

Now here is the key on the TV's. When you change the switch on the antenna, you also need to go into the menu feature of the TV and tell it what type of source it is, you should be able to switch between Air (Antenna) and Cable. After you select the right source, then run a channel scan to pick up the channels.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #11

Problem Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
The cat 5 to HDMI setup is a splitter only for the Blueray player (or other additional devices that you can plug into the splitter). The coax cable runs from the basement storage up to the antenna power switch, which then splits to the TV's. If antenna power is on, the signal will be from the antenna, if it is off, it will be from the basement storage plug.

Now here is the key on the TV's. When you change the switch on the antenna, you also need to go into the menu feature of the TV and tell it what type of source it is, you should be able to switch between Air (Antenna) and Cable. After you select the right source, then run a channel scan to pick up the channels.
Yup. Originally was just stymied when after turning off the Antenna booster and doing a channel search on "cable" on the TV screen and nothing was found. Finally just thought I would check to make sure the factory didn't switch the cable coax to the SAT location on the Utility box. They switched it and problem solved. All three TV's get cable in a CG now!
Thanks for your input.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:35 PM   #12

I am soooo glad that I had given up on the RV-Park Cable long ago... We have Direct-TV on the Satelite and if that is for some reason not working, then we will fall back to the local (crank up the antenna) over the air TV.

I am an electrical engineer by trade, and decided early on that Jayco did a poor job of documenting which cable went where when I was installing the Satellite receiver. I found multiple cables that were not connected to anything, but even though they are disconnected, everything still works. The splitter has all of the cables connected, but there are extras that are just dangling. Picture attached too!
Attached Thumbnails
20180912_133023.jpg  
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:27 PM   #13

This finally solved our problem. Put the cable into the satelite and the satellite into the cable inputs outside and all works fine!
LauraO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
I am soooo glad that I had given up on the RV-Park Cable long ago... We have Direct-TV on the Satelite and if that is for some reason not working, then we will fall back to the local (crank up the antenna) over the air TV.

I am an electrical engineer by trade, and decided early on that Jayco did a poor job of documenting which cable went where when I was installing the Satellite receiver. I found multiple cables that were not connected to anything, but even though they are disconnected, everything still works. The splitter has all of the cables connected, but there are extras that are just dangling. Picture attached too!
I was told the extra cables are for the optional Shaw Canadian satellite system.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:39 PM   #15

FYI Furrion TVs which come standard in some Senecas do not have QAM cable tuners. They do have the OTA decoders but not the QAM cable decoder. So you can roll into camp and hook up to cable all you want but no dice. There might be other TVs without this decoder.
houstonstroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:13 PM   #16

I have a 2021 37TS. First time I used park cable it didn’t work. Opened up the wall in the back of the video cabinet and through email use of a cable tester was able to determine that the park cable connection and the satellite connection located in the Nautilus were not terminated in the Av cabinet. The cables were pulled there, although the park cable coax was cut off too short, but I was able to terminate them and hook up the park cable. Sounds like it’s not hooked up. You will probably find it behind the back wall in the AV cabinet.
staineous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:47 AM   #17

In my Accolade the Cable and Sat connections in the wet bay were reversed so I. had to plug the campground cable into the Sat connection. Took some time to figure it out because, needless to say, the easiest thing is usually the last one checked. No big deal and had them changed when I had the coach in for other warranty work as well.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
...Took some time to figure it out because, needless to say, the easiest thing is usually the last one checked. ...

x1. Make sure your TV has a QAM tuner as explained in an earlier post. My main TV was a Furrion that only had NTSC (OTA analog) and ATSC (OTA digital) tuners. ATSC is mandated by the FCC, QAM is not mandated. Replaced my Furrion with a Samsung with a QAM tuner and the picture is also much better quality.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:49 AM   #19

I also had the cable not working at a campground issue. 2018 FS, I used a coax tracer and found that the King Power outlet switch was bad. The signal stopped at the switch, I bypassed it and I had cable. Ordered a new switch but haven't tested it yet.
BIGPAPA1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:18 PM   #20

Wet Bay Satellite Connection

I have a '17 FS. I have the roof mounted satellite that feeds the main TV. What is the wet bay satellite port intended for?

Thanks!
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote