Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2019, 03:16 PM   #1

Seneca Camera Mod

Today I finally had the time to add a new mod to my 2014 FS. I wasn’t a fan of how difficult it was to see the images from the three cameras displayed on the radio head unit display from the driver’s position. To improve my camera viewing I replaced the Seneca’s stock Voyager CSW3007 three camera switcher with. a RVS -501N three camera multiplexer, and an RVS 7” dedicated monitor. The mod was fairly simple to do after removing the dash components. The newly modded system now displays any of the three cameras on the new display (selectable), but a trigger from the turn signals or reverse will override and bring up the appropriate camera. After the trigger is gone the display will return to the last user selected camera display. The amount of time delay before returning is selectable from the display’s menu system. Also from the menu system the display’s visual property are also selectable. The reverse camera view has distance guide markers that can be turned on or off, and can be calibrated. Finally, I connected the aux video output from the new multiplexer to the radio head’s rear cam video input. The RVS multiplexer constantly outputs the rear camera feed on this line. The result is I can still select on the Clarion head unit the rear cam and have it display constantly on the radio’s display. I’m very pleased with the improvement. And the turn signal cameras no longer interrupt the NAV screen. Great!
Attached Thumbnails
AF2195D5-32F2-4E9A-A097-D82A337A7DD6.jpg  
James AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:18 PM   #2

Nice job!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Nice job!
Thank you Robert.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:48 PM   #4

And, as an added bonus, on our current camping trip I discovered I now have audio from the rear camera. It was really helpful backing into our camping spot from the park’s really narrow boulder lined road. It’s great when you discover you got more than you expected.

Tags
seneca cameras