Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2017, 06:07 AM   #1

Seneca-Couch or Theatre Seats

I am trying to finalize what I want on a 2017 Seneca 37TS. The local dealer only has 2 Senecas on the lot and the both have the Dinette ensemble option. I am thinking I we want either the couch or theatre seats but we can't try either. I think we are ok with losing the extra bed. In fact, as I look online what other dealers have, I haven't seen any with the theatre seats.

I can't decide if I want to fall asleep on a couch like I do at home or have recliners. For those of you that have the recliners, how comfortable are they? Are they hit enough to support your head? I do wish I could try them out but it doesn't look like I can anytime soon.

Also, is there radio/sound system in the Seneca coach?

Thanks, Mark
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #2

So I have the 37FS with the Dinette sofa option. I really like this option. I have seen the Dinette ensemble option as well and I might have gone with that if I had not had the need for the sleeping space. The ensemble is more pleasing to the eye since it flows like one large piece of furniture. I can not give you much detail in regards to the recliners, but I can tell you that it may not be the best option for your floor plan. The reason I say this is because your TV (and mine) are on a motorized swivel in the cab over...(unless you get the entertainment center). Even with both options, you are going to find yourself turning your body somewhat to see the TV. The only plan that I would find myself looking at recliners in would be the 37HJ just because the TV is moved much closer to a straight on view. As far as sound systems, yes the house does have a sound system. The radio in the cab is powered by either the coach OR the house batteries. There are 6 speakers in the unit...2 up front in the cab and then 4 in the house. The front channel is the cab and the rear channel is all 4 in the house. The unit should have several auxiliary inputs on it. My aux 2 was prewired to the living room tv. This being said, the volume on the TV, did not change the line level out to the radio so you have to change the volume using the radio remote instead of the tv remote. This is where a design flaw comes into play. If you are going to use the supplied curtain type thing to close off the house to the cab well then you cant see the radio display and the remote will not work. Because of this flaw and primarily for better insulation issues, I have (and MANY MANY also on this site) use Heatsheild custom cut window shades instead of that curtain.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #3

Hi Mark,

Our Seneca FS is on order with the theater seating as one of our options. We opted for this seating 1) don't need the extra bed space; 2) we like the idea of dual recliners with a center console to watch TV and 3) the grand kids can relax and have separated space (the console) and be belted-in watching TV while we are on the move. Granted, the couch also offers seat belts, but no space separation for the grand kids. And we know they like their space There will be 600 mile days with early departures (6 AM). We will not let them sleep in the bunk beds while we are moving, so with the theater seating they can recline, belt-up, and go back to sleep. Not optimal (like sitting at the dinette belted-in, but at least they will have a seat belt on.

Just thought I would share our thoughts.

Good luck!
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:24 PM   #4

Hi Javamom. Good luck with you new RV order. I think we are leaning toward the theatre seats as well.

My local dealer only has two Senecas, which I thinker leftovers and in need of some care. it's sort of tough making decisions when you can't see or touch the various options.

Do you know if you are getting the air ride seats in driver compartment? I can't see to get a good answer on what comes with the new ones.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:59 PM   #5

[QUOTE=Mark S;487197...Do you know if you are getting the air ride seats in driver compartment? I can't see to get a good answer on what comes with the new ones.[/QUOTE]

My understanding when I ordered is that the 2017 Senecas come with air ride seats. If you have any questions, I would recc. getting on JAYCO's web site and using their email function to send your question(s) directly to their sales staff. They are good about getting back quickly and are the best source for any recent changes. Would not place any faith in the dealers having the latest information.
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote