Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2016, 09:19 AM   #1

Seneca Directv Question

Can someone check their info within directv settings to verify dish type? Trying to get the directv functional for the first type using a box from the house. Don't know what type dish to tell it to look for. For instance slimline, round, etc. Directv customer support was not helpful and couldnt get through to Winegard tech support.
BrentJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentJ View Post
Can someone check their info within directv settings to verify dish type? Trying to get the directv functional for the first type using a box from the house. Don't know what type dish to tell it to look for. For instance slimline, round, etc. Directv customer support was not helpful and couldnt get through to Winegard tech support.
What type dish and box do you have? If it's an HD box it only works with the TRAVELER dish.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #3

I have the Inmotion Roadtrip that was standard equipment for the 2015 Seneca. My Direct tv receiver is an R22. In the receiver set up mode the selected antenna is 3 LNB 18x20. In my notes I also wrote down multiscan , not sure why I wrote that down. Goo luck. Hope this helps.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #4

What model receiver are you trying to use?

All DirecTV dishes are not the same and it sounds like you may be trying to move a HD receiver from a home based, SWM system to an RV based non SWM system. So as Grumpy mentioned, unless your using a Winegard Travl'er on the Seneca, you may need to make a few adjustments to get it to work. If your using an older SD receiver like a R22 it should work. The newest H25 or the Genie DVR's will NOT work on a non SWM system, period.

First, any DirecTV HD receiver that is model H24/HR24 or older can work on a non SWM system, but you will need to use a B Band converter on the non SWM system before the receiver will be able to "see" the LNB on the dish.

https://www.amazon.com/ZINWELL-Direc.../dp/B00HWYBTIY

Also, if your trying to use a DVR from the house, such as an HR21, HR22, etc. you will most likely have to also restrict the receiver in the settings to tell the DVR to only use one tuner and make sure that the B Band converter is on that tuner's coax feed line.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #5

Maybe a bit more info will help with diagnosis. Receiver is older model H21 type. Winegard verified the dish type should be 3-LNB (18"x20"). I'm not sure about the switch setting though whether SWM or Multiswitch. I also have the B-Band converter installed. I've tried both with and without converter installed but get error message on Tuner1. Anyone have other ideas?
Old 09-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentJ View Post
Maybe a bit more info will help with diagnosis. Receiver is older model H21 type. Winegard verified the dish type should be 3-LNB (18"x20"). I'm not sure about the switch setting though whether SWM or Multiswitch. I also have the B-Band converter installed. I've tried both with and without converter installed but get error message on Tuner1. Anyone have other ideas?
Non SWM = multiswitch. So if your using a B Band Converter, I would use multiswitch. Without a B band converter, the H21 would expect a SWM LNB/SWM setup.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:15 PM   #7

Well I have no idea why but it is working now! I blew past some of the error messages and completed the satellite setup and like magic it is working. Thanks for all the help.