Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2016, 08:50 AM   #1

Seneca drivers seat

We have a 2105.5 TS. It has Flexsteel driver and passenger seats. The seats look great and are relatively comfortable - at first, but after 5-6 hours of driving I start really feeling a lack of support in the seat. Also, these seats don't have adjustable lumbar support and they are not air cushioned. To me they look a lot better than they feel.

I know there are lots of commercial truck seats on the market. Has anyone replaced their driver's seat?
Old 08-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #2

I agree about the initial comfort feeling. But then.....

My biggest complaint is the "softness" of the lower seat foam, I feel like I am falling off the edge as compared to my 2 Ford's seats that keep me planted. I often find myself lifting my rear up and re-centering myself on the cushion.

I have thought that at some point I might try to find a competent local upholsterer and see if we could replace the lower seats' foam with something a little more supportive. I like the look of the seats and mine are in perfect shape, and they match the other furniture unlike the newer Seneca's air suspension seats which apparently only come in "Freightliner Gray".
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
My biggest complaint is the "softness" of the lower seat foam, I feel like I am falling off the edge...
Exactly! I plan to see what I can do to provide more firmness in the seat too.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:20 PM   #4

I put a pair of leather Elite air ride seats in my other M2 based truck. The seat itself is very comfortable but the air ride part was way too bouncy for me. Kinda fun bouncing for the first few minutes but it gets old quickly.
AaronM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:13 PM   #5

I had plenty of experience with air seats when I drove fire trucks for a living, because of horrible city streets here they were a great help, but you are correct it was a lot of bouncing. Thank goodness our runs were usually short drives!

When I get back from my upcoming New England trip I may try to get a Flexsteel model number off the seat and see if they (Flexsteel) possibly offer a stiffer lower cushion. For me anyway, that would be a good start.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:20 PM   #6

YEARS ago I replaced the seats in a Class C (not a Jayco). I went to the local junk yard and found 2 seats out of a high end Ford Van that had been rear ended and totaled. The seats were top of the line Ford with adjustable lumbar, heated seats, leather, practically brand new and in great shape - penny's on the dollar for new seats.
I added a switch under the seat and wired up the headed part.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #7

Just logged 2000 miles in my new to me '15 Seneca and totally agree. I used a rolled up blanket for lumbar support but need the solution for bottom cushion.
BrentJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #8

Our '16 came with the air ride seats which are superior to the seats in our old '14 as far as comfort goes. The draw-back is the only color is grey and the material stinks compared to the Flexsteel products. The air seats have really nice features:
  • Adjustable air ride
  • Two separate lumbar bladders
  • Heater
The air seats do not have the multi-power adjustability which is a bummer.

Not sure why Jayco went back to the non-air seats in the '17's.
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #9

I have 16000 miles on my 2015 and fully agree on the lack of seat comfort.In my case I'm 6 foot tall and my wife is 5.8....we both find that the height from the floor to the seat is too high compared to a regular car or pickup,even at its lowest setting, causing uncomfort in legs behind the knee...seats look great and feel great at first,but aren't the most comfortable for the long haul....

Ill be anxiously watching this thread for solutions.
goofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver seat, front seat, passenger seat, seneca