Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #1

Seneca - Electric Key Pad

I have a 2012 Seneca with the built in digital key pad to lock the cabin door. I bought it used, so I don't know if the code has ever been adjusted. When I use the default code, it clicks but des not lock or unlock? Ideas?
Old 01-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #2

This might help
If the keypad does not function correctly, lightly press the “code reset” button on the interior handle until you hear a long
be
ep (takes about 5 seconds). This will reset your keypad code to the default
1234 code. Now go back to step 13.
If the remote FOB does not function the handle, turn the “on/off” switch to the “on” position and then lightly press and hold
th
e “FOB learn” button and release after you hear a short beep. The
learning button is located above the on/off switch next to the battery door cover on the interior handle.
(This switch turns on the ability to use an optional remote FOB)
After pressing the FOB learn button and you hear the “programming mode” confirmation beep, repeat
pressing the lock button
on your remote FOB until your RVLock handle confirms the
programming with a long beep. (You have 20 seconds before time out). If programming did not work or if you have additional
rem
otes to program, wait 30 seconds and repeat step15.
You have successfully finished the installation! Please keep keys on the outside of the coach to avoid accidental lock out.
Pl
ease make sure to keep these instructions for future need
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:10 PM   #3
MD3

On ours... if the lock is not perfectly aligned it will click but not lock.
The locking bolt has to be perfectly aligned with the hole in the metal plate on the door frame.

We just loosened the door frame metal striking plate and adjusted it. Works fine now.

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap View Post
I have a 2012 Seneca with the built in digital key pad to lock the cabin door. I bought it used, so I don't know if the code has ever been adjusted. When I use the default code, it clicks but does not lock or unlock? Ideas?
I believe the first few years of Freightliner Seneca production they used a Dexter door which incorporated a (separate) TriMark 12-volt keypad. I think they may have only lasted until 2014 or 2015 because of numerous issues with the setup including a recall. Here is a thread talking about the system:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...all-46872.html Your issue could be the latch assembly controlled by keypad or the keypad itself, both were problematic. Jayco swapped out the latch in many units, they had to replace my entire door because that TriMark keypad caught fire in my unit!

Also, I know of no way to add remote (keyfob) access to that keyless system unless additional components are added to the door assembly.

I have attached instructions on the programming of the keypad, provided it is the one I am thinking of.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tri Mark keypad instructions.pdf (226.5 KB, 11 views)
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD3 View Post
On ours... if the lock is not perfectly aligned it will click but not lock.
The locking bolt has to be perfectly aligned with the hole in the metal plate on the door frame.

We just loosened the door frame metal striking plate and adjusted it. Works fine now.

_
2014 with separate keypad would click but no action. Removed inside screws and found linkage between actuator and latch not connected.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Dananu is offline   Reply With Quote