Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2018, 09:18 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4ster View Post
I've got a question for the folks that have added the Extendafill's on your pre 2018 Seneca's. Can you leave the nozzle in unattended while filling your tanks or does someone have to hold on to it to prevent it from falling out creating a spill? I'm asking this because on my stock tanks they seem to have a notch like that the nozzle end catches on to so I can fill the tanks unattended.

Thanks much.

ed

I’ve never left mine unattended, didn’t before either, but feel these are definitely as secure as OEM. I’ve been extremely pleased.
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:11 AM   #62

You can go hands free however I don’t walk away as I don’t trust the units to stop. The nozzle will stay in the inlet and allow auto fill. If at a truck stop the 20 -25 gallons in each tank I usually put in only takes a minute or two on each side.

My routine is to start with the drivers side when that shuts off I leave that nozzle in and i move to the passenger side and complete that side and then finalize the fill on the drivers side.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #63

I got mine about a month ago. $279 plus 44.00 shipping came to a total of $249 US with shipping included. They came within a couple of weeks of my order.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:15 PM   #64

Seneca fuel tank extenders. I just purchased these for $248 delivered. The quality is outstanding and worth the cost. I can now easily remove my caps, as I was having trouble grasping the one on the passenger side. Should have purchased these sooner, before I knicked my paint so much.
Thank you!
2012 Ford F-350 Dually
rollon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:39 PM   #65

Thank you rollon52 they do make it easier to fill that's for sure. Safe travels and enjoy the moments in these great units.
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #66

I'm waiting for mine to arrive... Once they are installed, then I am going to get the steps shot with the Bedliner. My steps are so scratched up....
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:48 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
I'm waiting for mine to arrive... Once they are installed, then I am going to get the steps shot with the Bedliner. My steps are so scratched up....
You'll be very happy with both when done!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:52 PM   #68

So how much additional fuel are you riser users able to put in each tank? By additional I mean the volume from the original spout lip to the riser spout lip.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #69

I did not have any specific measurements but I estimate I am seeing 5-10 more per fill. I can fill the tanks without worrying about the movement or foam flowing out. You certainly can get more in at auto pumps as there is much less foam and the fluid moves less. Some of the high flow pumps put out a bunch of foam but even with this you have better control than the stock configuration. I am sure that some others on here are more precise in their measurements. The main benefit for me is I can put the hose in and monitor it instead of having to hold the hose the whole time.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #70

Does anyone know if they are making these extendafills again
FLETCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 05:30 PM   #71

The rising cost of raw materials, the loss of the machine shop that did my work due to covid shut down to replicate these items now would be cost prohibitive, I truly appreciate all those that found them to be a great help, if there are individuals that can produce these state side I would not have a problem or issue with that and wish them the best, again thank you to all that have them , Gord
Old 12-27-2021, 06:52 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2retire&drive View Post
The rising cost of raw materials, the loss of the machine shop that did my work due to covid shut down to replicate these items now would be cost prohibitive, I truly appreciate all those that found them to be a great help, if there are individuals that can produce these state side I would not have a problem or issue with that and wish them the best, again thank you to all that have them , Gord
Hope things are going well Gord! Sad to hear you had to shut down production, I think I was one of your early customers. Still love them! But I understand the reasons and now a number of manufacturers went to the S2RV chassis and its single 100-gallon tank renders them somewhat obsolete. Stay well, safe travels!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:21 PM   #73

Thanks Robbbyr but you have done so many super upgrades/ modifications to your unit as have done so many other talented owners I look forward to my retirement in a couple of years and trying to do them to the level of quality that all of you have done . This forum is an amazing resource of information that each and every Seneca owner should be a part of. May all of you have a safe and happy new year followed by many miles of happy camping and memories in the up coming years
Old 12-27-2021, 08:54 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Hope things are going well Gord! Sad to hear you had to shut down production, I think I was one of your early customers. Still love them! But I understand the reasons and now a number of manufacturers went to the S2RV chassis and its single 100-gallon tank renders them somewhat obsolete. Stay well, safe travels!
I echo this sentiment... and my Extendafill's are the best... I was right behind Robbbby after hearing how they worked... Now I worry about them being stolen...

Quote:
Truly an outstanding product... Granted the S2RV chassis does not have much use for them - but us M2 owners are grateful for having high-flow tanks that can both be filled and DEF without moving.

Quote:
Thanks Robbbyr but you have done so many super upgrades/ modifications to your unit as have done so many other talented owners I look forward to my retirement in a couple of years and trying to do them to the level of quality that all of you have done . This forum is an amazing resource of information that each and every Seneca owner should be a part of. May all of you have a safe and happy new year followed by many miles of happy camping and memories in the up coming years
Best Wishes to your retirement... I'm right with you on calling the day job a thing of the past... soon!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:43 AM   #75

I know this is an older post but

The XtendaFill's are in-stock! I have linked it below. Thank you in advanced for ordering and reach out with any questions. I will ship them out ASAP.

Fuel Tank Enxtension - Sold in Sets of 2

Extends fuel tank neck in order to help prevent paint damage while adding fuel to tank
Fits Freightliner M2 Chassis with 2.5"- 8 UN Triple Lead Thread on Fuel Tank
Extensions are fully annodized to prevent any discoloartion,wear and pitting

Includes:
- (2) - Aluminum Fuel Extensions
- (2) - Stainless Steel 5/16-18 Nylon Tip Set Screws
- (2) - 18-8 Stainless Sash Chain (6in Length)
- (4) - 18-8 Stainless Key Rings
- (1) - 5/32 Allen Wrench
- (2) - Rubber Gaskets (Installed Upon Shipment)

*Fuel Cap Not Included

https://maybar.net/shop/ols/products/xtendafill
Ruger8111 is offline   Reply With Quote