Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2018, 08:47 AM   #41
MD3

I wish my problems were just a noise issue.

I have to factory default reset every time we use it. It gets stuck and nothing works right on it. Do a reset and it works great again until we shut it down.

It’s on the list for the next appointment available at the dealer (over 2 month wait)....

-
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD3 View Post
I wish my problems were just a noise issue.
I have to factory default reset every time we use it. It gets stuck and nothing works right on it. Do a reset and it works great again until we shut it down. It’s on the list for the next appointment available at the dealer (over 2 month wait)....-
Have you tried updating the Software on the Hub Base and Face yet? I did and it seemed to help out some of the quirkiness. I just checked Garmin Express and there already 2 more updates available for the base and one for the unit itself since my last update. I will be doing mine tonight. Its such a new unit that I think Garmin is still working out some bugs. If I keep having problems I will be contacting Garmin tech support for help not Jayco.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:10 PM   #43
MD3

I have not checked for updates... I need to try that.
Is it something on the unit itself s or is it online at Garmin webpage ?

-
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #44

Quote:
I have not checked for updates... I need to try that.
Is it something on the unit itself s or is it online at Garmin webpage ?-
You download Garmin Express and install on your computer. Once you install the program, it will recognize it when you plug your tablet half of the unit into your computer, it will also have you register the unit. The software will step you though the rest. To update the base unit, you will need a USB flash drive and again the software step you through putting the update on the USB drive, then you take it to the Moho and put the USB drive in the Garmin data port, which mine was mounted under the dash. Then the base unit will be updated off the flash drive. Its a lot easier than it sounds, here is a link to get Garmin Express....this software can also be used to update any other Garmin units that you may have. I also use it to update my motorcycle GPS.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express

Old 04-30-2018, 03:18 PM   #45

Here is a link to all the instruction....

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?pr...softwareupdate

Old 04-30-2018, 06:47 PM   #46

I installed a vizeo sound bar on top of tv cabinet and subwoofer behind tv ,
rmjr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:59 PM   #47

Seneca GPS

Our 2017 Seneca ts came with a smart phone system. We had an Alpine gps, Bluetooth, camera installed right away.!
jrwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #48

I'll give this garmin system a couple of tries , if not happy then out with it and in with a kenwood or alpine
Old 04-30-2018, 10:26 PM   #49

Ok so I tried what rmjr70 said about the red/white/yellow rca jacks for the sound to play over the speaker system. Not wanting to pull the dash apart again, I just went to the back of the tv and unplugged it there and the noise went completely away! I only had to unplug the yellow video piling for the noise to go away.

As far as the Garmin unit itself, I updated it tonight for the second time and it seems to be much more stable and faster. During the update it also did an Android update and I am thinking that’s where the stabilizing improvements came from. Not sure if everybody realizes this, but the Garmin unit is just a glorified Android tablet that you can load apps onto. Just sitting in the living room playing with it tonight helped get familiar within getting around within the unit and found settings I hadn’t seen before. Every other Garmin GPS I have had always worked flawless and I am sure this new one just has some bugs that need to get worked out.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:23 AM   #50

I'm glad this helped out , I'm going to download the update onto a usb drive and update the unit also , hopefully the usb port under cup holder is for that purpose , I cant seem to get the volume up for the navigation unless the radio volume is up , tried every volume option and if radio is low then the navigation prompts are low , I'll figure it out I'm sure

2018.5 SENECA FS
Old 05-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjr70 View Post
I'm glad this helped out , I'm going to download the update onto a usb drive and update the unit also , hopefully the usb port under cup holder is for that purpose , I cant seem to get the volume up for the navigation unless the radio volume is up , tried every volume option and if radio is low then the navigation prompts are low , I'll figure it out I'm sure
2018.5 SENECA FS
Yes the USB port under cup holder is for that purpose and for connecting a phone or ipod to stream music through the system.

To set the volumes for different outputs, at the main screen, in the upper right corner there is a icon of 9 squares, click on that. At this screen, at the top you can see Garmin - Apps - Widgets. You can swipe the screen left or right here for different pages BUT you volume icon should be on the Garmin screen. Select the Volume icon and that opens your master volume screen. Select the icon in upper left of that screen which is 3 vertical bars with squares on them and this opens the screen to set Navigation - Media - Notification volume levels.
Attached Thumbnails
31682582_10211607935607142_4862676141904756736_n.jpg   31706418_10211607935967151_389686316956123136_n.jpg   31709711_10211607957727695_936855482495139840_n.jpg   master.jpg  

Old 05-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #52
MD3

Did you ever figure out how to get rear camera sound activated ?

I’ve found the on/off button for the rear camera sound and the button mutes the radio ... but no sound comes through the camera microphone.

-
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
Old 05-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #53

Quote:
Did you ever figure out how to get rear camera sound activated ?

I’ve found the on/off button for the rear camera sound and the button mutes the radio ... but no sound comes through the camera microphone.-
I did come across a check box to turn it on someplace. I put the tablet back in the motorhome but try and remember to look for it again and take pics.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:26 AM   #54
MD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I did come across a check box to turn it on someplace. I put the tablet back in the motorhome but try and remember to look for it again and take pics.
I've seen how to turn it off and on.... but even with it on it doesn't work. A person can not be heard through the rear camera.
With the rear camera mic on it mutes the radio, so it appears that part of the function is working.
Just wondering if anyone has a rear view camera that the sound actually works....

_
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
Old 05-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #55

I remember reading on this site that the RCA plug (yellow one I think) was not plugged in to the base unit. You would have to pull it out to verify. On mine, I touched the Camera icon on the Home screen. When the camera came up, there was a bar at the bottom of the screen. There was the gear icon (settings) on the right of the bar, if not, touch the right side of the bar. and once you touch settings, mine said Mic Installed with a box next to it. Mine had a check in it, meaning I was getting sound from the camera. I touched the check box and the check went away, now no sound from the camera. Hope that helps.
chfraser01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #56

The Red/White/Yellow RCA cords go to the TV. Yellow would be for video and Red and White are for audio. Unplugging the yellow at the tv got rid of all the whining interference noise. When I had my dash opened up I remember seeing a line or jack on the unit labeled MIC but really wasnt paying attention because I was after the whining noise.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:02 PM   #57

Just an FYI, I got a notice today that there is another update that includes new Full Coverage Maps for the US. I updated to the current software on Monday and today I got the notice of another software update and new maps. As new as this unit is, I think its important to keep all the software up to date as they work out the bugs.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #58

I've been living/not living with the RF noise since buying my 2018 Seneca a couple of months ago by just just turning the whole thing off. Yesterday I started looking into the problem again and decided to try the easiest solution that still made sense. Thanks to Rustynuts for the five minute solution - unplug the yellow RCA video jack at the TV. It sure seems to work for me. Also I was able to spend another 10 minutes to figure out why my external ceiling speakers didn't work, which was resolved by working with audio setup on the TV and the Garmin.
EdwardOrmsbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:29 PM   #59

Great thread answered so many of my questions while I was driving the 1100 mile trip after picking up Our 2018 Greyhawk. I can’t believe how bad the side view cameras are unless the lighting and conditions are perfect you can’t reslly see much. I also feel the same way about the rear camera. It’s much better but my dash mount furion cam had multiple viewing angles. Is the garmin rear cam adjustable so you can see further back off the bumper?
With sunglasses on I can’t even see the screen while driving. ��
It would have been so nice if I had steering wheel controls to avoid having to constantly reach over to change the vol.

I’m sure I need to do a few updates on it so I downloaded the Garmin Express and will attempt it tomorrow.
Also I found a spare remote and wasn’t sure if it’s for this. It didn’t seem to work with the dvd over the cab even though it had a eject button on it but no brand markings on it.
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:05 AM   #60

On my Seneca the Garmin back up sound does work. However it is almost impossible to hear over the engine sound so we don’t use it. Side cameras are a useless waste of resources. I installed toggle switch to turn them off and still have option to turn them on if I wanted to. I haven’t needed them in over 14000 miles and doubt I ever will. I might relocate them to the rear and use to monitor hitch and car.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote