Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2017, 09:28 AM   #1

Seneca Hj bed on pedestal slide

The HJ's master bed sits on top of a pedestal. When you move the driver side slide in/out the bed slides on top of the pedestal. Because it's a wood on wood fit the two surfaces just grind on each other and wood splinters are all over the floor (mainly inside). Is this the way they are all made? Seems like there should be some hard plastic glides of some sort. Does your unit have this same issue?

Thanks,
Old 03-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #2

We have the FK and it has the pedestal platform and same on the Passenger side. Ours has Black Nylon glides that the slide rides on.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #3

I also have a 2015 HJ. It is the same as yours with wood on wood. I'm going to add some type of poly slide when I modify it to be a queen bed.
stmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #4

Here are the glides on my 2014 TS which also slides across the base. Black plastic glides screwed down along the top of bed base. Bed platform support 2x2s ride on the side rails and over the guide at the foot.

My arrangement might look a little different, I reduced the king to a queen bed to gain more walk-around room. I also fabricated a bracket allowing me to install lift cylinders that move with the slide. Works well and much more convenient to access under the bed.

I would check with Jayco, they may have "forgotten" to install your glides.
Attached Thumbnails
Glide rails.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #5

Rob,
Your TS is definitely a different base than my HJ. My HJ has the breakers and fuses at the foot of the bed, so there is about 12" of width vs yours looking like it's approx. 2" just like the sides of the base. Was it this way before you modified it to be a queen size?
stmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #6

Teflon

My 2016 HJ was like yours - I put 1/8th thick by 3 inch Teflon strips under the 2x2s secured with Gorilla Glue and am very happy with the results
Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmccormick View Post
Rob,
Your TS is definitely a different base than my HJ. My HJ has the breakers and fuses at the foot of the bed, so there is about 12" of width vs yours looking like it's approx. 2" just like the sides of the base. Was it this way before you modified it to be a queen size?
The base was that that thickness initially, it is made of 5 separate sections that tie together to form the entire structure. Two of the sections are the quarter round corner sections; the others are the 2 sides and bottom. The sides and bottom pieces are 1x2 framing covered with paneling inside and out. I just removed the paneling from the framework which exposes the screws holding the sections to the floor. I cut down the piece located at the foot of the bed, then reassembled everything in the smaller size. Removed the hinged bed platform and cut it down too, locating extra 2x2 support pieces to line up on top of the glide rails. I was able to reuse all of the paneling inside and out, just had about 200 staples to remove to get all of the pieces off!

Luckily on a TS the fuse box/converter is located across from the bed under the wardrobe. It makes for a roomy storage area under the bed even though it is one foot narrower now.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Here are the glides on my 2014 TS which also slides across the base. Black plastic glides screwed down along the top of bed base. Bed platform support 2x2s ride on the side rails and over the guide at the foot.

My arrangement might look a little different, I reduced the king to a queen bed to gain more walk-around room. I also fabricated a bracket allowing me to install lift cylinders that move with the slide. Works well and much more convenient to access under the bed.

I would check with Jayco, they may have "forgotten" to install your glides.
Our 2015 36FK looks essentially the same. The only differences are what Rob has modified in the width and the struts.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote