Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2019, 05:26 AM   #21

My 2018.5 also leans.

I too have this problem on my 2018.5 Seneca. I reported it to Jayco and they said to take it to a repair facility. Took it to La Mesa RV for a list of problems including the lean issue, they specifically told me it is a Frieghtliner issue. After a few more emails to Jayco, I was told to send them measurements. My drivers side rear is at 1/2" off the tires and the passenger side is at 2.5". Sent the measurements to the rep at Jayco and the pictures, he said I need to take it to a scale and weigh "all four corners"? The coach was just retrieved from the repair facility after more than a month in the shop. Now I am told to take it to Freightliner (a bad hum on the speakers when the key is turned on, and this lean problem). Each shop is over an hour one way so taking it in is an event. When I had the service people at La Mesa inspect it, they said it is normal as the generator and the fridge is on this side?? So, I am back to square one taking it in to Freightliner to hopefully get it leveled!
tellanfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellanfun View Post
I too have this problem on my 2018.5 Seneca. I reported it to Jayco and they said to take it to a repair facility. Took it to La Mesa RV for a list of problems including the lean issue, they specifically told me it is a Frieghtliner issue. After a few more emails to Jayco, I was told to send them measurements. My drivers side rear is at 1/2" off the tires and the passenger side is at 2.5". Sent the measurements to the rep at Jayco and the pictures, he said I need to take it to a scale and weigh "all four corners"? The coach was just retrieved from the repair facility after more than a month in the shop. Now I am told to take it to Freightliner (a bad hum on the speakers when the key is turned on, and this lean problem). Each shop is over an hour one way so taking it in is an event. When I had the service people at La Mesa inspect it, they said it is normal as the generator and the fridge is on this side?? So, I am back to square one taking it in to Freightliner to hopefully get it leveled!
I also received the “fridge and generator” excuse as well. My rebuttal is that we have two slides and a full water tank on the other side. But most of all, this lean was NOT present a year ago. Something has changed or worse is changing; if it progresses it could crack sidewalls or the roof (I am thinking).
Old 07-07-2019, 11:37 PM   #23

Quote:
I don’t have a lean problem, just following it. You do mention the hum when the key is on, is this through the stereo speakers? If so, try unplugging the Yellow video RCA jack on the back of the TV...that stopped ours.

Rustynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:32 PM   #24

Thanks. That worked! Any chance Jayco knows about this? It seems the RCA cable is running close to power and sucking up the noise? Possible fix?
Old 07-24-2019, 12:34 PM   #25

Please keep us up to date on the outcome. I plan to take my Seneca in to Freightliner once I have more information. Thanks....
Old 07-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
I know I have seen others post about their Seneca leaning. When I was in for an oil change last month, and the unit was on a perfectly flat pad, I noticed my unit Leaning to the drivers side. Today I took it back to Freightliner for the front end alignment and to address the leaning. I am trying to get as many things addressed before warranty ends this Sunday. I just completed my discussion with the service writer. I a do not completely understand what I was being told over the phone (more of a visual person) but what I thought she was talking about was that the entire frame of the Seneca has twisted. This truck has never been in an accident, is not overloaded, or has ever towed a heavy trailer. Moreover, I have never used the jacks to compensate for severely out of level ground.

I have requested Jayco and Freightliner to come together over the phone to discuss this issue and find a remedy. Admittedly I find myself concerned about this. How could the frame of this truck been twisted?? How can it be put back without damage?? I now feel I understand why the steering is such an issue.

Has anyone rectified their lean? Any opinions are appreciated.

Has this been resolved? My bet is on the air bag(s).
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #27

Elkhart

A lot going on as we plan to leave Illinois, but I am taking the truck, per Jayco’s request, to Freightliner of Elkhart this Saturday. They have it on schedule for next week. I’ll let you know what they say.
McGintys924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:50 AM   #28

Any resolution to the lean problem? Very curious as to the reason why our Senecas have this problem and what the solution is? Thanks....
Old 08-09-2019, 05:59 PM   #29

Quote:
Any resolution to the lean problem? Very curious as to the reason why our Senecas have this problem and what the solution is? Thanks....
I have a lean on the right rear of my 2014 FS of about 1.5” from bumper ends but will be measuring from ground to the frame behind rear wheels (Thanks Steve). I’ll then be calling Freightliner. I’m hoping it’s a bag related issue if an issue at all. Will get my emissions recall and this done at the same time if possible.

Aaron
AaronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
Hi Ryan,

Looking at your pictures, it just initially appears to me that the rear end sag is too much to be caused by a front end issue. Has Freightliner eliminated the rear air springs as a possible cause? To fully eliminate the rear air springs as a cause I would evacuate all air out of the rear springs and let the rear air springs bottom out. Once that occurs, look to see if there is still any lean, both the rear and the front. In one of the previous threads, someone mentioned the rear end suspension air proportioning valve as a possible issue. IMO, it's worth a try. Just make sure you are on level ground when you do this. If this is in=fact a front suspension issue, the the lean will be present even if the rear suspension is bottomed out. Hope this helps...this issue really has me curious.

Quick update on this as I suspected I had the same issue with my 2014 FS. My right rear was down about 1.5" from the left. I just dropped my unit off at Freightliner yesterday to install the uprated SCR system and parking brake selenoid, both recall items. While in, I asked them to look into my lean. I just got a call from my advisor that said it was indeed an adjustment to the air proportioning valve mentioned above which he sorted and got me level again. Hope this helps for folks looking into this!

Aaron

2014 Seneca 37FS
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Old 08-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #31

Great News
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:37 AM   #32

Some resolution

Ok guys, sorry to have fallen off the wagon here for a bit. Finally moved from Illinois and getting settled in at the new job. Also a wonderful vacation at Emrald Isle NC (holiday trav’l park is very nice!).

Apparently there had been several air leaks including a valve under the hood (please see pictures and I know some of you will know what this is) and the pressure release valves underneath. Additionally, shims had been added to both sides of the front axle. Now the leaning is better but not perfect. I will end up taking this to Knox truck center and get their opinion and then work on Jayco paying for it as it was a pre existing issues prior to the completion of warranty.

Glad to see Aaron got his fixed. Apparently some adjustments to my air bags had also occurred.
Attached Thumbnails
522CEE9A-F3A7-41F8-A6AC-68293DED27D1.jpg   6B38C284-B715-4806-9DB7-89CF03777BC1.jpg  
Old 09-02-2019, 12:17 AM   #33

Ryan, all the best getting yours sorted soon!

2014 Seneca 37FS
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Old 11-06-2019, 04:40 PM   #34

Still leaning left!

Just got mine back from Frieghtliner today. They adjusted the airbags "within specs", but could not fix the lean. He said he could charge me but wrote it as a no trouble found so he can bill Frieghtliner! Keep in mind, when I dropped it to them he told me I have a complete coverage for two years! The adjustment is a little bit better but not much! Since he threw it back at a "Jayco problem", I have it going to a Jayco service center to look at it along with a leak issue we found. Gotta love the RV biz!
Old 12-04-2019, 09:39 PM   #35

Took mine in today for the same issue. It was leaning to the drivers side like the pictures at the topic start. They adjusted the air bags to spec and it was leveled nicely when I left. It took them about 4 hours but was told about 2 hours in it was an easy fix but not easy time wise lol.
Pmcmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 04:25 PM   #36

So we just bought ours about two months ago and it had the same lean. Since we are second owner and it had 7,000 miles no one would warranty it. I didn’t notice the lean until I got it in my shop and noticed it sits way out of wack with my garage doors. Turns out my passenger bag was 3” over inflated and the driver side under inflated 2”. freightliner charged me $460 to correct. But I will say I felt like it handled and tracked so much better on the hour ride home after. Pulled in the shop and sits perfectly level and plumb with my garage doors now.
Motodad711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 08:13 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodad711 View Post
So we just bought ours about two months ago and it had the same lean. Since we are second owner and it had 7,000 miles no one would warranty it. I didn’t notice the lean until I got it in my shop and noticed it sits way out of wack with my garage doors. Turns out my passenger bag was 3” over inflated and the driver side under inflated 2”. freightliner charged me $460 to correct. But I will say I felt like it handled and tracked so much better on the hour ride home after. Pulled in the shop and sits perfectly level and plumb with my garage doors now.
What year is your coach, the Freightliner warranty should have covered it. The Freightliner warranty is 5 years and transfers to a second owner unlike the Jayco warranty.

Old 12-08-2022, 08:31 PM   #38

2021 37k but they said it wasn’t warranted.
Motodad711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:34 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodad711 View Post
2021 37k but they said it wasn’t warranted.
Many others have gotten it done and covered by warranty. Did you contact Freightliner Custom Chassis about the issue? the number is in the door jam, you might be able to get reimbursed if you check with FCCC direct, that was way off from the factory.