Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #1

Seneca Leveler Problem

I pull into a camp ground and my auto level panel will not turn on and when I start the camper engine the lights on the control panel flash and the panel beeps all the jacks are still retracted because the panel would not turn on to level coach. Has anybody else had this problem.

Thanks

Ohiocamp

2016 Seneca HJ
ohiocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:07 PM   #2

I believe I recall another owner who had problems with their panel not responding ended up disconnecting the wiring harness from the rear of the panel for a few seconds to completely "reset" the panel. To get the panel out (so it can be unplugged) required the removal of a few screws. If you completely disconnect the house batteries (with no generator or shore power on) you could probably accomplish the same thing.

Another thing I wonder about is whether the jacks are getting power from the house batteries, they are what actually provides the current to run the jack pumps. There is a signal line from the truck to warn of a jack down when the chassis ignition is on. Maybe that side of the equation is working but the main jack power is out?
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:15 AM   #3

Seneca Leveler Problem

Thanks Rob for the response, I tried disconnecting the house and chassis batteries and that did not help. I wanted to check and see if you where talking about disconnecting the wire harness off the control panel or is there a controller located somewhere in the motorhome to reset.

Thanks
Ohiocamp

2016 37HJ
ohiocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:48 AM   #4

Ive had multiple problems with mine, but each time I called them, they were outstanding. They have a tech on call 24/7/365. Great advice that has always helped. Id give them a call. May need to resynch the panel.
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocamp View Post
I pull into a camp ground and my auto level panel will not turn on and when I start the camper engine the lights on the control panel flash and the panel beeps all the jacks are still retracted because the panel would not turn on to level coach. Has anybody else had this problem.

Thanks

Ohiocamp

2016 Seneca HJ
Please update this thread when you get this resolved. Would be nice to know just in case. Thanks!
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:01 AM   #6

Had the same problem,I found bad connection behind control panel about 10 inches down from control panel connection 2 factory installed scotch locks,removed them and soldered wires
Old 02-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave_Jan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocamp View Post

Thanks

Ohiocamp

2016 Seneca HJ
If you look in the battery compartment, on the left wall you can reset the levelers by removing the 7.5 amp (brown) fuse, wait 5 seconds and install fuse back. This is caused by weak batteries. I had this problem for over a year, replaced my batteries with interstate batts. and all is well.
97 Jeep Wrangler
Dave_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote