Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2020, 08:11 PM   #101

If you buy a used Seneca how can you tell if it has been done or not? 2014 jayco seneca
tpastorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:43 AM   #102
jdd

The only way I would know is if you have someone hook up a computer and see what it is reading or with mine Cummins issued a new door sticker with updated information. If a new door sticker was issued you would have to know the original horsepower.

jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:25 PM   #103

The Cummins service center entered that I had the uprate done into the Cummins system. Try calling Cummins with your vin.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:19 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
I had my Cummins engine uprated recently. This was something that I found out about on this forum. 340 hp to 360 and torque from 700 to 800 ft. Took the unit into Cummins and it took them about an hour to plug into the unit and install new calibration. Total cost was $500. $365.5 for the uprate, $105.26 for labor and $14.62 for taxes.

So far so good. When driving on the highway I could apply the throttle and the unit had a noticeable acceleration. I actually thought the unit had down shifted but it was running at 1900 rpm. Before it would slowly start to pick up speed. I did not notice the unit slowing as much in the hills. Real test will be driving with the car on the dolly, I have a couple steep hill climbs around home that I could only climb at 45mph. I will time the runs up these to confirm it was worth it.

To those of you who posted on this uprate. Thanks for the information.
Is this the hp/torque range for Seneca's?

I was surfing the web the other night and noticed the Frieghtliner M2 RV Hualers are pushing 1800+ ft pounds of torque. Don't recall the HP, but I believe it was 500+ hp.

Surprised that large Senecas numbers were so low in comparison.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:41 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post

I was surfing the web the other night and noticed the Frieghtliner M2 RV Hualers are pushing 1800+ ft pounds of torque. Don't recall the HP, but I believe it was 500+ hp.

And they are paying a bunch of money for that extra power. I couldn’t justify the extra cost for my type of use.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:17 PM   #106

Jayco could order the M2 or S2RV with an assortment of engine/transmission/Heavy-Duty options. They opted for the "economical alternative" the same way that most auto manufacturers would offer a 4-cylinder, v6 or a super option of the v8 in your typical family sedan.

Jayco did not need to put a class-8 chassis under their motorhomes, so they opted for something on the edge of economical for the price range they wanted to sell at - and optimize their profit margin.

https://freightliner.com/trucks/m2-106/specifications/

Based on our deals with Daimler, I would bet that Jayco makes a deal, based on the units all being the same with a quantity discount and we have learned that they might sit on the lot of the Factory for a year or more before Jayco gets around to building the particular model. To illustrate that, our Chassis is a 2014 that was built on 10/4/2014. It was delivered to Jayco on 11/18/2014 and sat on the lot until Jayco started to build the coach. The coach was built in the later half of 2015 as it has some of the trim, fabrics, features and components of the 2016 model year (we call it the mutt) that the 2015's don't have.

My point is... Jayco bought a bunch of chassis units each year, or half year, changed the order spec in a few minor details and kept that until they started to remove features like the OD lockout and the Transmission program settings.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:28 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post

Those HP/TQ numbers are for rig owners anticipating hauls approaching the road legal max 80,000 pounds over all sorts of challenging grades. That's not Seneca's purpose or build and why it has a relatively modest and economical ISB 6.7.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #108

Ok Folks, need some help here. Hopefully someone or knows someone who has some insight to the cummins insite program (pun intended). Took my rig to my local service department (just cummins service, not a full blown cummins only shop). Tech tried looking for the uprate calibration for my truck but we could not get it downloaded. We were able to get it updated to the newest version, but not uprated. Screen shot below show the cummins insite program and details of my motor and we filtered by the same DO (Dealer Options) so that the calibrations were compatible. We found a DT calibration that should work, but when we went to Cummins site to download it into insite it said that it is not valid with my serial number, even though insite looks like it should be. Do any of you know or know someone who is knowledgeable with cummins what calibration I can use on my truck. I looked at both of the attachments that were already posted in this thread and it looks like Robby's is a ISB2013 setup and the other one has a different series of motor so it uses an HC calibration not a DT calibration. The dealer is not sure where to go next and I am not sure I want to pay them to stay on hold with Cummins to figure it out as that could be a large bill. I am currently running DT90153.16 and was trying to install DT90157.16. Any help would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7156.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	62651