Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2018, 07:44 PM   #141

Rustynuts , Where did you get those floor mats and bottle holder ?
Hahndavid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahndavid1 View Post
Rustynuts , Where did you get those floor mats and bottle holder ?
The mats are off EBay from a seller named “downardautomotive” They have them in beige or black.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F112149515661

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F111989019670

The bottle rack is something I made out of 1/2” Birch plywood.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #143

Just finished replacing the passenger cab door treads as they peeled off from weather/diesel. Today, I finished swapping out the clarion 401 hfhead unit for a Pioneer AVIC-8100 NEX. The only challenge I ran into was figuring out how jayco had wired everything AND getting the tar off all the connections from inferior electrical tape. I have ordered some rocker switches to disable the turn-signal activated side cams and hope to install those, next weekend.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #144

Thanks for the quick reply! So the m2 and the s2 RV chassis is the same ?
Hahndavid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahndavid1 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! So the m2 and the s2 RV chassis is the same ?
They use the same cab, doors and hood for any accessories.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:59 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy View Post
I have done several small mods-additions to my 2015 Seneca and decided to start a thread to share my ideas and perhaps pick-up on a few tricks you folks may have done to your rig.Starting from the front :

-full body oil treatment for rust
-Added an air horn
-Sunshade for the front cab (SunPro)
- CB
-Scan Guage
-Rubber spacers on hubcaps to prevent the crackling noise
-Tape on mirror brackets
-A label on dash beside airbrake button with height in feet and meters
-A plywood covered with carpet to cover the staircase hole inside while traveling
-Silicone on top of shower ( between shower body and wall )
-change bracket on emergeny window and added screen so now it can be opened
-Led fog lights in back to see better when backing up

Thats it now !
Hi Goofy,

How did you change the bracket on the emergency window and add a screen so it can be opened? Any pictures would be helpful.

Thanks.

Bob
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:15 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy View Post
Its been a while since this post was updated so I figured with the end of Summer coming would be fun to revive this thread and see what upgrades or modifications everyone has done lately.
I did a few this year:
1. Installed a rear air bag dump system; wired the solenoids so they are actuated by my Bigfoot levelers control panel. I can attest having dumps makes leveling more predictable and greatly reduces the "Airliner creep" when coming down off the jacks.

2. Fabricated and installed a ramp/storage rails for my Barker sewer tote to allow the tote to be rolled on and off. The ramp is raised and lowered by a Lippert winch, and when raised the tote fits securely between the frame rails. I also fabricated locks for the ramp in case the winch ever failed and/or started to lower on its own.

3. Added a sewer hose storage tube. It originates in my wet bay, underneath the sewer outlet connection. The 6" PVC tube runs under the frame rails towards the other passenger side, then it has two (2) 45-degree elbows turning it to the rear. It terminates in the forward part of a passenger side compartment. Both ends have screw on/off 6" caps. I can now store a 15' section and a 10' extension. I access it primarily from the wet bay, but if it a section ever slides too far I can open the other end and get it!

4. Created pass-thru storage in two forward compartments. Fabricated aluminum framework that holds plywood floor above the Jayco wiring that transits the compartments. Provides a secure place to carry less used items like my telescoping ladder.

5. Changed my coach entry door window to a "frameless" model like the newer Senecas have. The original window was small and had frosted glass and did not match the other coach windows. Now it does!
Attached Thumbnails
20180707_204001_resized.jpg   Sewer tote tank stowed.jpg   Resized_20180726_141943.jpg   Sewer hose storage wet bay view.jpg   Completed front compartment.jpg  

R&J Seneca entry door window before.jpg   R&J Seneca entry door window after.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #148

Where did you find the frame less window for the entry door?
plumberdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:46 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumberdude View Post
Where did you find the frame less window for the entry door?
I ordered it from my local Jayco dealer. They had to call Jayco Service to get a newer Seneca's door window part number; looking it up by my unit's serial number would just get me the same framed, frosted small window. I believe it was only about $75, it included the interior trim ring and new screws. Attached is a picture of the new window's tag, maybe it would help identify the correct part if you venture down this same path.

To install the new window I removed the entire door from my unit, pretty easy to do with a helper. Put it on padded sawhorses and placed masking tape inside and out where I planned to place the window to protect the paint and reduce the possibility of chipping the surfaces. Then I carefully placed the window where I wanted it. Traced the cutout of the new window onto the masking tape. I had to enlarge the cutout to allow the inner trim to slightly recess into the door, I believe it was about 1/4" all around. Then I used a fine tooth saber saw to make the cutout. Had to make sure the saw blade was long enough to cut through without catching on the inner surface.

There is no inner structure to the door away from the outer edges, it is just the inner and outer skins bonded to the Styrofoam core. So nothing tough to cut through!
Attached Thumbnails
20181001_103440.jpg  
Old 02-23-2019, 06:12 PM   #150

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave_Jan
Removed OEM love seat and installed theater seating. removed tankless water heater and installed 16 gallon Suburban. Pictures to follow.
97 Jeep Wrangler
Dave_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:25 PM   #151

Hi There , where did you mount your CB & Antenna on your Seneca?
Also you mentioned rubber spacers on front hub caps , what did you use & what is the process to fix?
Thanks
srxhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:28 PM   #152

Mounted my CB above my gas pedal under my steering wheel....

Cracking fix : removed hubcap section on wheel cut a small diameter wire shrink in half cut in sections about 4 inches long and inserted between cap and wheel

Sort of hard to describe, will gladly send pics when I retrieve from storage
goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:01 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by srxhare View Post
Also you mentioned rubber spacers on front hub caps , what did you use & what is the process to fix?
Thanks
If you are referring to the front hub caps which can "creak" when rolling, I used 1/4" clear vinyl tubing sourced from Home Depot. I carefully slice it open lengthwise and slip sections over the sharp edge of the cover. Then replace it back on the wheel and snug the cover down. Noise gone!

The attached picture was early last year before I replaced the sections. It seems to last only a couple years exposed to the sun, you can see it has discolored.
Attached Thumbnails
Front wheel cover insulator.jpg  
Old 03-02-2019, 07:59 AM   #154

Did a quick mod to the Seneca in the engine compartment, yesterday. I replaced the radiator over flow hose with a longer piece of 3/8's hose and routed it along the firewall from the radiator fitting on the driver's side to the overflow tank on the passenger side. Also moved the wiring harnesses that run on top of the top radiator/engine brackets to underneath them. This is so I can use the engine brackets to stand on, to clean top front of Seneca body. I've always used standing on these brackets to clean the upper front, but always had to be so careful not to step on the radiator hose, brackets or the wiring harness where they ran over the radiator engine mount brackets. This has been on my work list for about a year. Really cleans up the top of the engine.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:33 PM   #155

City water / Black tank flush manifold

Whipped up a little manifold today with some left over PEX fittings. One water connection for both now.. Work smarter not harder...
Attached Thumbnails
manifold.jpg  
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #156

I made stronger and bigger “I” frames for the mud flaps and cut new mud flaps out of 1/8” pvc sheet I had laying around. These will NOT be falling off or hanging and rubbing on the tires like before. The rear will soon have some “Seneca” flap weights for some bling
Attached Thumbnails
0751981A-5D0C-4C0F-BD60-4CABA516667E.jpg   2BCEB4F1-1F26-42E2-9F8A-C59DB0A8389D.jpg   E2469CE8-8089-4ED4-9C64-FC887BD1CE3A.jpg  

Old 03-03-2019, 10:41 PM   #157

I also recently did some changes to my wet bay. I removed the macerator which I did not like or use, moved the fresh water hookup and the water filter to the right side so it is over the hatch for the hose to go out. I like a little separation on the sewer/fresh part of the compartment. While I was at it I make a bracket to hold the regulator securely to the door latch, moved the whole panel up 3” so it could be securely screwed up to the floor like it was designed to do. I also added a Progressive Industries EMS.
Attached Thumbnails
156FEBFF-0D1E-4246-9514-97175BCAFB09.jpg   0BE881AE-95E5-461C-9118-148FD677B5DD.jpg   46F01AB2-7D74-4EFC-A30F-0C173AD9E0EA.jpg  

Old 03-06-2019, 11:49 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I made stronger and bigger “I” frames for the mud flaps and cut new mud flaps out of 1/8” pvc sheet I had laying around. These will NOT be falling off or hanging and rubbing on the tires like before. The rear will soon have some “Seneca” flap weights for some bling

Wanted to correct my post, the material I used for the flaps is ABS sheet not PVC. The material is called Spartech ABS sheet.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:04 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtad View Post
Whipped up a little manifold today with some left over PEX fittings. One water connection for both now.. Work smarter not harder...
What happens when the black flush back-flow stop valve fails and you get contaminated water in that manifold?
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Jan View Post
Removed OEM love seat and installed theater seating. removed tankless water heater and installed 16 gallon Suburban. Pictures to follow.

I would love to see pics and know model numbers for both of these mods please.
goofy is offline   Reply With Quote