Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #11

We have 6 belts including driver and passenger. We have the smaller sofa dinette arrangement. If we had ordered it probably would have gotten the larger sofa, but found this one on a dealers lot 5 miles from our home. It was the colors we liked and floor plan we wanted, with the fireplace, stackable washer/dryer.

MO Farmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:45 AM   #12

Pretty simple to us. Its a TRUCK. Drives like a truck. Is treated like a truck in repair shops and at truck stops. Goes down the road like a truck and we enjoy all of it.

2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #13

First off, I will say if you are looking for a super quiet ride, then go with the class A. It is night and day difference with the engine behind vs in front of you. That being said I did a Super C for these reasons...

1. Safety - Mucho metal in front of us, lots of seat belts.
2. Driveability - While many A's have 4 corner air ride, the bumps are really eliminated, but the amount of sway, lean, and what is referred to as billboarding (gusts of wind that push your rig into another lane) is MUCH more controlled on a Super C chassis. It is much more behaved too in parking lots and gas stations in regards to turning radius.
3. Repairability - Two snaps and you have access to the entire engine bay. Try changing a radiator hose or fuel line on a Class A...its a PITA.
4. Cost for what you get - Apples for Apples, a Class C will cost less even with the same features loaded up in a A.
5. Towing capacity - My Seneca is rated at 10k lbs of towing. No Class A with that engine has that capacity. I am not saying they dont exist, but in my searches, if you want a Class A with a 10k or more capacity, you will be upgrading to the ISL or better lines of engines and the associated cost to go with that.
6. Jayco Warranty - Hands down the best in the business.

Things I wish they would do on the Jayco C's...

1. Swivel seats...while I understand there is a small lip, its not a reason not to do it.
2. 37FS - get rid of that stupid single chair next to the door and put in a TV hutch fireplace like the HJ has (I realize it might be narrower, but it could be done).
3. AquaHot option
4. More automated controls like their flagship 5th wheel does.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:48 AM   #14

Thanks to everyone for your thoughtful replies. Certainly helps with the decision!

If only I could find one to look at without getting on an airplane.

PS, I've driven commercial and always preferred the conventional cab to the cab over but had not realized the diesel in the rear required such extra effort for maintenance.
WorldCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
First off, I will say if you are looking for a super quiet ride, then go with the class A. It is night and day difference with the engine behind vs in front of you. That being said I did a Super C for these reasons...

1. Safety - Mucho metal in front of us, lots of seat belts.
2. Driveability - While many A's have 4 corner air ride, the bumps are really eliminated, but the amount of sway, lean, and what is referred to as billboarding (gusts of wind that push your rig into another lane) is MUCH more controlled on a Super C chassis. It is much more behaved too in parking lots and gas stations in regards to turning radius.
3. Repairability - Two snaps and you have access to the entire engine bay. Try changing a radiator hose or fuel line on a Class A...its a PITA.
4. Cost for what you get - Apples for Apples, a Class C will cost less even with the same features loaded up in a A.
5. Towing capacity - My Seneca is rated at 10k lbs of towing. No Class A with that engine has that capacity. I am not saying they dont exist, but in my searches, if you want a Class A with a 10k or more capacity, you will be upgrading to the ISL or better lines of engines and the associated cost to go with that.
6. Jayco Warranty - Hands down the best in the business.

1. Swivel seats...while I understand there is a small lip, its not a reason not to do it.
2. 37FS - get rid of that stupid single chair next to the door and put in a TV hutch fireplace like the HJ has (I realize it might be narrower, but it could be done).
3. AquaHot option
4. More automated controls like their flagship 5th wheel does.
I second your wishlist!!! AquaHot, Swivel Seats up front, and either make the 'stupid chair' recline or remove it and put in a wider entry door on the 37FS, because it's useless! Either upgrading to the Allison 3000 and turning up the ISB or just going to the ISL / Allison 3000 would also be desirable. -Mostly AquaHot and fixing the chair though, in my opinion...
Old 05-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #16

I agree with all the reasons written here, power train serviceability being at the top. I do wish for an all-electric Seneca edition though, to include a residential fridge and rooftop solar.
08 Fleetwood Bounder 38P (gone but not forgotten)
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post

Did you see Kurt Kuhl's video on adding swivels to the front seats?

WorldCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #18

We went with Seneca over a Class A for drive-ability and comfort driving down the road. I don't like the way Class A's "float" down the road. I like to feel the road, and I enjoy driving a truck - and I'm "the wife". DH says (and I agree) it's not as comfortable to drive as the F350, but maneuvers much better than towing a 5th wheel.

The Seneca has good basement storage (about halfway between what a gas Class C and a Diesel A would have). [TONS less than our 5th wheel... so we had to compromise on that point.]

And the diesel engine was also a sales-point for us (over other C's). Better longevity, better gas mileage, better towing capacity.

crumgater is offline   Reply With Quote