Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2017, 05:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamisbound View Post
Looks much better already. I'm still surprised quality inspection would let that coach go out the door.

Us too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jschulz1720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:18 AM   #22

Paint, etc.

Our 2018.5 37FS was just delivered to the dealer over the weekend. They are sending it back to the factory because of paint defects and 2 tears in the interior flooring. I didn't even get to see it Still don't understand how it left the factory that way.....
But, this obviously is an industry wide problem. Our last RV is a 2014 Fleetwood (purchased new in 2013) and had a screw driven into the water tank, a rusty stainless steel sink, and a bubble in the vinyl floor. The dealer fixed all of the items except the vinyl, which we just left as is because it is small and we didn't want to wait another few weeks while they replaced all of the flooring. We didn't have a single problem with it after the first round of fixes. I'm hoping our new Seneca is the same way.
nittany1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #23

Hopefully they get it resoved very soon and then to you so you can start your new adventures!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #24

They haven't really given me a time frame, but I'm hoping it is less than 2 weeks. That is around the time spring finally starts to show its face a bit around here. Besides the flooring problem, I don't have a clear idea of what the "paint problems" were. Hopefully they can be resolved quickly. I honestly can't wait to take delivery of it!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany1 View Post
Our 2018.5 37FS was just delivered to the dealer over the weekend. They are sending it back to the factory because of paint defects and 2 tears in the interior flooring. I didn't even get to see it Still don't understand how it left the factory that way.....
Why didn't you get to see the damage, did they ship it back upon delivery. I would be very suspicious of this and worried that there is more damage than just paint. Seems most of the time when paint is a problem it is taken care of locally and not returned to the factory. I find it hard to believe that during a weekend delivery that the dealer looked it over that good to see a paint problem. Best of luck to you.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #26

I'm with Sundancer330. I think there is more to it. They didn't send ours back for the paint issue. We had a local guy take care of it and they picked up the cost. I could see them sending it back due to the floor issue. I hope they get it taken care of for you. I would ask the dealer if they took pictures. I know my dealer has to send Jayco pictures of all the warranty issues. Keep us updated.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:07 AM   #27

I trust my dealer implicitly. My salesman (who sent it back) is the Uncle of one of my employees and the owner of the dealership is a close friend of one of my friends. The unit was delivered on Saturday just before closing. They are closed on Sunday. On Monday, we had a nice sunny day and they started their inspection. They noticed the paint problems, and as they entered the coach, noticed the tears. Because of my busy schedule, I wasn't scheduled to pick up the coach until Saturday the 31st. I physically can not get down there until that day because I am so booked. Why would I want them to wait 2 weeks so I could see the problems myself and THEN send it back for repair? Also, why should my dealer have to fix the paint problems as well as replace the entire floor? I am happy with the way they are handling this. I haven't asked for pictures of the paint or the tears. I will be happy if I have a coach without those problems on delivery. Some of these responses seem to make it out like the dealer is pulling a fast one. I look at it as "My customer isn't expecting delivery for two weeks, so we have time. You guys built it, you guys fix your mistakes."
Old 03-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany1 View Post
I trust my dealer implicitly. My salesman (who sent it back) is the Uncle of one of my employees and the owner of the dealership is a close friend of one of my friends. The unit was delivered on Saturday just before closing. They are closed on Sunday. On Monday, we had a nice sunny day and they started their inspection. They noticed the paint problems, and as they entered the coach, noticed the tears. Because of my busy schedule, I wasn't scheduled to pick up the coach until Saturday the 31st. I physically can not get down there until that day because I am so booked. Why would I want them to wait 2 weeks so I could see the problems myself and THEN send it back for repair? Also, why should my dealer have to fix the paint problems as well as replace the entire floor? I am happy with the way they are handling this. I haven't asked for pictures of the paint or the tears. I will be happy if I have a coach without those problems on delivery. Some of these responses seem to make it out like the dealer is pulling a fast one. I look at it as "My customer isn't expecting delivery for two weeks, so we have time. You guys built it, you guys fix your mistakes."
It just seems like a strange story that doesn't add up but if you believe it thats all that counts. And yes dealers do pull fast ones all the time, how did they get scheduled for a factory repair so fast, its usually a long wait for that to happen since they are so busy, how did they arrange transport back so fast, why didn't they send you pictures. When it returns I would be all over and under it, sounds to me like it was in an accident and the dealer wanted it out of town as fast as possible. I think you are way to trusting.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #29

Just had the pictures sent to me. Paint problems are not really noticeable in the photos. Their bigger worry seemed to be replacing the flooring. So- no wrecks, no shenanigans, just one of the few dealers willing to do right for their customer. (And they sent me the pictures within 15 minutes of emailing and asking for them). It will be back in the factory in a few days (after our nor'easter passes through) and Jayco says it will only take a few days to get repairs done.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #30

That's great news. Trust me, I wasn't saying your dealer was shady. It just seemed odd to me. Mine was only the paint issue, which was major, and I didn't trust anyone to fix it by my guy. I'm glad they are turning it around for you that quickly.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #31

I guess there's always time to do it right the second time, huh? It seems like the money they save by cranking these out so quickly would be offset by how many they have to pay for to bring back to repair something that should have easily been spotted by QC before it leaves.

-I guess it's a calculated risk that the customer won't mind / will accept the problem because they want their coach "now".

Personally, if my "new" coach showed up with several extra hundred miles on it, I would demand they start discounting the price.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #32

When we were there for our tour I asked about their QC process. They actually told us it goes to a separate building to be QC'd. We were also told this is a complete different department then production. This way there is no way to protect the production team. Seems Jayco needs to hold the QC department to a higher standard.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschulz1720 View Post
When we were there for our tour I asked about their QC process. They actually told us it goes to a separate building to be QC'd. We were also told this is a complete different department then production. This way there is no way to protect the production team. Seems Jayco needs to hold the QC department to a higher standard.
Or...QC is identifying these problems but being overruled by the suits so they can get them out the door.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
Or...QC is identifying these problems but being overruled by the suits so they can get them out the door.
Maybe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk