Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #1

Seneca Pricing

Looking at purchasing a new 2018 Seneca. Been doing a lot of research, but pricing seems to be all over the place. Anyone care to share some the prices you have been quoted, or what you paid? Thanks in advance.
pmbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #2

Model year pricing drops significantly toward the end of the calendar year. This is because the new model years are already in and selling and they want to dump the previous model years after camping season is over. I have a 2016 and I was looking in mid year of 2016. MSRP for mine was around $240k for it. During July and August was still high...I think they wanted over 200k for it, of course you can negotiate closer down to 170ish I think if you were doing it during summer or earlier. I waited until October and then went back. They had the 2016's listed for $159k at that point, but were giving me crap for my trade ins (5er - 2011 Heartland Bighorn and 2012 F350 Dually King Ranch). I looked around and found a much better unit in terms of the colors I was looking for and got a little over $10k MORE than what my local dealer was offering. So I packed up and drove to Austin and made a deal down there in late Oct for a 2016 37FS. I think I paid right around $158k or so for the actual unit before trade ins where factored in.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #3

Seneca Pricing

There are two major online sites that provide very low pricing. Rvone and motorhomes to go. Both offer bottom line pricing and can be used to negotiate a deal with your dealer. I got my unit at 35%off list last spring.
If you live near either of these dealers locations the pricing might not be the lowest as they try to protect their locations. If outside of their area they get pretty aggressive. The main problem is who will service your rig and that has to be major decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #4

I made the deal for my 2014 TS in December 2014, they started out by asking $185K, we eventually bargained it down to $155K before taxes, registration fees, etc. We paid a deposit at that time, completing the transaction and taking possession in early March 2015 when I retired from the fire department. I had decided I wanted that particular unit and I was afraid it would be gone by the time we were ready to actually take possession. Might have got an even better deal if we waited, but didn't want that unit sold to someone else!

We also traded-in our 2006 Chateau Class C, I felt they gave us a fair price and they didn't try to complicate things by "mixing" the Seneca purchase and the Chateau trade negotiations together. Two different discussions, unlike some new car dealers have tried to engage me in that quagmire over the years!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:48 AM   #5

We bought our's in the Fall of 2015 from Motor Homes To Go, of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Evan Shephard was the salesman, very fair, no pressure and great follow up, to this day.
The established price, before trade in, was $169K. After a substantial trade in for our trailer, we feel we did very well.

I looked all over the Country and nobody came close to their pricing. They are 6 hours from our home town and their service is worth the drive. Great service department and they have installed a number of options , including a new stove with oven and awnings on all the windows. Very fair pricing on all service and great advice if we have trouble on the road.

If I made another motor home purchase, it would be very difficult for me to go to any other dealership.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #6
Lost in the Woods

So, my family runs several new car dealerships. There are some ‘covert’ rules. Here's a little insight: If you are wanting to buy, try to wait until the last 2 days of the month, and even better the last 2 days of the quarter.

Here’s why: The Brand Owners (Ford, Chevy, Jayco, whatever) have incentive plans for dealers to do a certain number of units per month/quarter. When those dealers are “down” for the month or quarter, they will gladly send a few out the door at no profit or even small loss, because making the overall number gets the owner a really large bonus for “volume sold” in the period of time. In our gig, it’s not unusual for us to give a few folks a price under invoice just to get the deal done and make our numbers with the factory.

Just my 2¢, which when discounted today at 0¢, can be taken for what it is worth.

RayBo is offline   Reply With Quote