Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #1

Seneca pull-out kitchen counter

Has anyone ever figured out how to remove the pull-out kitchen counter? Is there an easy way, or does it have to be taken apart to some degree to get it out?

Jayco didn't cut the slot on the top by the counter down far enough, so the counter scrapes on the wood. I need to cut that about an 1/8 inch bigger and it would be easier with the counter/drawer unit out. Also, I want to get back in there at some point to add a plug on that wall by the entry stairs.

Thanks,
Perry
2012 Rans Seavo Tandem Bicycle
pmdevries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #2

Mine was scraping also. Fully extend the pull out and there is a release on the both the slides. That allows you to pull out the entire slide. It was kind of tight to work on. Mine was missing screws on the right side. I put two drywall screws in to the side and it now is ok.

I can get a photo later if you need to see the release.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #3

Mark,

Thanks for the response. I've been looking the the bottom of my pullout where the slide brackets are and can't for the life of me find any release mechanism. When you get a chance, maybe a picture would help.

Thanks,
Perry
Old 05-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #4

There are small black levers that are right at the end of the slide rails. One pushes down the other one goes up.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:07 PM   #5

Hi Grumpy,

I believe your talking about how to take the individual drawers out. I'm familiar with that. I'm trying to take the whole unit that contains the drawers out. Can't figure that out.

Thanks,
Perry
Old 05-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #6

I believe this is on a pre 2018 unit as they eliminated that function. The units now just have a sliding countertop with out the cabinet below it sliding.

If I remember correctly the unit has a hidden bottom slide rail unit. I.e. You don't see the rails on the side of the sliding unit. There are three common methods. The first is a simple knob on the bottom and all you have to do is lift up on the front of the cabinet while carefully pulling it past the knob. The other is wood block attached to the back of the unit. This would require access from under the stove cabinet. The final is a latch on the front of the slide mechanism pull the unit out fully and reach under and squeeze the pins together. A photo of what you actually have might go along ways to helping you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #7

Here are some pictures of what I have:
Attached Thumbnails
20170520_204727.jpg   20170520_204941.jpg   20170520_204959.jpg  
Old 05-21-2017, 05:51 AM   #8

I put a boat hatch in the side wall of the kitchen counter top as you come in the entrance door on our 37FS. I just got in there and there really doesn't look like any release mechanism. From your pictures, you have shown the under side of the slide mechanism. I would think you could try taking those 4 wood screws out and the drawer cabinet would slide off the slide mechanism. Now, who ever mentioned that there is an upper roller is correct and it looks like it was installed as a sub assembly. On ours, because of the access hatch I cut in, I could reach in there and remove that roller. But not sure anything is going to come out without that upper roller assembly coming off. It also seems to be the stop.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
I put a boat hatch in the side wall of the kitchen counter top as you come in the entrance door on our 37FS. I just got in there and there really doesn't look like any release mechanism. From your pictures, you have shown the under side of the slide mechanism. I would think you could try taking those 4 wood screws out and the drawer cabinet would slide off the slide mechanism. Now, who ever mentioned that there is an upper roller is correct and it looks like it was installed as a sub assembly. On ours, because of the access hatch I cut in, I could reach in there and remove that roller. But not sure anything is going to come out without that upper roller assembly coming off. It also seems to be the stop.
On our 2015, we removed the outside Television to access where you wanted to add the outlet (we were enhancing the outside stereo system).

The roller mentioned that is at the top of the slide out assy - is screwed into the back of the cabinet with at least 8 screws. You would still need to take out the TV to remove it.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdevries View Post
Mark,

Thanks for the response. I've been looking the the bottom of my pullout where the slide brackets are and can't for the life of me find any release mechanism. When you get a chance, maybe a picture would help.

Thanks,
Perry
Perry,

I'm sorry. I thought you were referring to the pull out counter top extension that was scrapping on my unit. I don't know how to do what you need. Good luck with it.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:57 PM   #11

Thanks for all the responses and ideas guys. Love this group. It's looking like there is no easy way to remove it. It must be put it as part of the build during assembly at Jayco. I'll either have to work on shaving off some of the scraping wood with it in, or perform some of the suggestions such as removing the outside TV or putting in an access panel on the outside of the cabinet.

Perry