Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2018, 04:02 AM   #1

Seneca S2RV strange recall

Has anyone else gotten the strange recall letter from Jayco stating that the scale was not working correctly and that some Seneca’s and certain class A’s where weighed wrong and needed to have a new weight sticker attached. They included the new weight sticker in the envelope with instructions how to install. The strange thing is the new sticker says my 2018.5 37TS weighs 935 lbs. less which is great I guess but it also now says that my GCWR went from 39000 lbs. to 41000 lbs. How does the weight change that number. I have been confused about the towing capacity since I bought it. My owners manual says towing capacity of 15000 lbs. The brochure says 10000 lbs. and my hitch itself is marked 12500 lbs. I sure wish someone at Jayco could tell me what the actual capacity of my unit. So for everyone that bought a Seneca thinking you could pull 15000 lbs. check your hitch rating. I think i’m going to go with the 12500 lbs. on the hitch just to be safe.
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
loki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:05 AM   #2

That is confusing... here is what Freightliner says about the chassis capacity:
https://cdn.fccchq.com/specsheets/5b...yco-Seneca.pdf
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
That is confusing... here is what Freightliner says about the chassis capacity:
https://cdn.fccchq.com/specsheets/5b...yco-Seneca.pdf
Thanks for the link and info. Unfortunately it says GCWR is 29000 and I know that isn’t right. I guess Freightliner won’t state the actual limit because they don’t know what end manufacturers are going to do to their chassis or which hitch they are going to put on it.
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Old 08-30-2018, 02:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
I am surprised they sent you that much information! There goal Jayco on there screw ups which seem like many.Keep the owner in the dark,hopefully he will just go away! Thanks
Yes it’s all very strange the old numbers actually are a error on the safe side. Surprised they even changed it. Must be something to do with the fact they advertised it as being capable of pulling 15000 lbs. and stickers are cheap. I actually have been thinking about making them replace my hitch with something rated higher.
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Old 09-02-2018, 07:07 AM   #5

No recall like that but I did receive a recall saying on some Senecas they placed a cut hole here sticker for the solar prep when no hole is needed and the wires are just in a junction box. I don’t think they did that on mine but will be looking today.
GeorgeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #6

Weights

I feel if someone could speak to Freightliner, They could get a ture answer as think part of spec sheet is misprint
Giaburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeM View Post
No recall like that but I did receive a recall saying on some Senecas they placed a cut hole here sticker for the solar prep when no hole is needed and the wires are just in a junction box. I don’t think they did that on mine but will be looking today.
I have now received this recall as well. I don’t think I will be driving it to a dealer 3 hours away for them to check and see if it there is a sticker on it.
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Old 09-05-2018, 11:46 AM   #8

This is my favorite recall. Someone must of used a hole saw or saws all to cut into the plastic cover and they destroyed the wiring behind there.

I had to read the notice a couple of times to determine what they were talking about. They should have provided a new sticker to go over the old one. “ Do not remove this sticker, but if you do don’t do what the stick below tells you to do! “.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote