Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2020, 08:02 AM   #1

Seneca seam caulking

I have some questions about the seam filler on our coaches. I have noticed the caulking is starting to bubble out of the seams. Since this caulk was applied prior to painting, I am wondering how others have dealt with the issue. Also, I have a seam cover where the sidewall joins the front cab cap that has a screw backing out behind it and pushing it away from the coach wall. Any ideas how to fix this? Photos below
Attached Thumbnails
SENECA CAULKING1.jpg   SENECA CAULKING2.jpg   SENECA SEAM STRIP.jpeg  

2019 Jayco Seneca 37K
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2017 Polaris RZR XP 1000
david a judd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #2

Have you checked out OSI Quad's website? They say they have something like 4000+ colors. Not sure how to order the color you might want. They also make a clear.

I have used the Max formula on my house between the stucco, brick and wood, I do think the clear yellows a bit.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 12:46 PM   #3

Had the same screw issue. Gently pulled away trim and placed new SS screw with lock tight then replaced trim. As it is painted I was careful not to flex this trim. Use Geocell clear for the caulking of that trim, the trim that connects sidewalks to floor and picture frame of slides. I use blue painters tape to get perfect edges. Pull painters tape off ASAP as it won’t give you long to work with.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Had the same screw issue. Gently pulled away trim and placed new SS screw with lock tight then replaced trim. As it is painted I was careful not to flex this trim. Use Geocell clear for the caulking of that trim, the trim that connects sidewalks to floor and picture frame of slides. I use blue painters tape to get perfect edges. Pull painters tape off ASAP as it won’t give you long to work with.
x2 but look up the trim to see if your paint lines line up. Mine shrunk at he top so I had to stretch the trim to line up my paint lines. I also used larger screws.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote