Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2019, 07:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I have the Pilot/Flying J RV Plus chage card thru Good Sam and pay at the pump at the truck lanes. I get a monthly statement and have it set up to automatically debit my checking account. And it gives me $.08 off the cash price. Very easy and can fill both tanks simultaneously. Especially easy with Gord's Extendafill extensions on my tanks!
It is 8 cents off cash price? I am waiting for the card to arrive. I assumed it was off the credit price.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
It is 8 cents off cash price? I am waiting for the card to arrive. I assumed it was off the credit price.
Yes, 8 cents off the cash price listed. Here is the web link for the details: https://www.rvpluscard.com/ProgramDetails/
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:29 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Yes, 8 cents off the cash price listed. Here is the web link for the details: https://www.rvpluscard.com/ProgramDetails/
Great. I missed that part. I got it primarily for the pay at the pump feature. Thanks
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:01 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumgater View Post
We just finished a 3000 mile trip from Seattle to Boulder to Corvallis and back to Seattle... never went more than 500 miles a day, and are now confident in the following:

a. Each 1/4 fuel tank = 150 miles of driving

b. Up, down and around, we averaged between 9.5 and 10.2 mpg... the slower (2-lane state hwy) routes had better gas mileage.

c. Pushing from 65mph to 70mph on the interstates dropped efficiency by about 0.2 mpg (or about 6 gallons extra for the trip).

d. We have the "BlueFire" Truck app - mpg from the engine sensors is a little higher than what I calculated based on fuel purchases.

e. Even crossing 8,000 mile high passes, and dropping into 4th gear a few times for a few miles heading up, or using the engine brake cruising down the pass, water temps never went over 200F and tranny never went over 180F. Water temp climbed faster when in stop & go traffic than at any time on the highways.

e. Truck stops (Flying J / Pilot and Loves) are easy to get in and out of - but I wish we could pay at the pump...

f. Gloves and Orange Hand Cleaner is a must when fueling up at truck stops.

g. Never let go of the Diesel nozzle when fueling up at the 100 gal/min fuel pumps.

h. The stench of Diesel is hard to get out of clothing.

i. The Onan 8k Generator consumes about 0.38 gal/hour (the way we're loaded... no A/C, mostly TV and Oven use). This is compared to running a Honda EU2000 at 0.25 gal/hr with just the TV's (gas oven) on our 5er. I'm happy with that!

j. We can setup in 15 minutes.

k. We can be ready to roll in 30 minutes - including a dump.

During out 11 day Seneca "boot camp" (we just bought the 2015 34TS in March) we also learned: *

1. how to dump the air from the rear suspension before leveling to minimize 'lift' on the front jacks when leveling

2. where the fuses are for the Bigfoot leveling system. We blew one (7.5A) on the last night when I hit "retract all" after dumping air and the fronts were still up... must have overloaded the circuit when there was nowhere for them to go?

* Found answers here while traveling or at the campground at 11pm trying to get the levelers to power back up.

This forum is AMAZING.

And a picture from one of our favorite parks: Crown Villa in Bend, OR
Would you mind elaborating on dumping the rear air suspension?
1. how to dump the air from the rear suspension before leveling to minimize 'lift' on the front jacks when leveling
kylemitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemitchell View Post
Lots of info here.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ves-58963.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:32 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemitchell View Post
Without any special modifications (we still don't have air dump valves) - just manually LIFT the rear end using the jacks until you hear lots of air escaping... maybe go a touch higher... then wait ~3 minutes or so until you don't hear the hiss anymore. Return the coach to all wheels on the ground (auto-retract)... then hit "auto-level", and that should help reduce any front-end lifting.

By dumping the back end air before leveling, we've lowered the overall coach height when leveled a good 2" or more.
crumgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:48 AM   #27

Quote:
Without any special modifications (we still don't have air dump valves) - just manually LIFT the rear end using the jacks until you hear lots of air escaping... maybe go a touch higher... then wait ~3 minutes or so until you don't hear the hiss anymore. Return the coach to all wheels on the ground (auto-retract)... then hit "auto-level", and that should help reduce any front-end lifting.

By dumping the back end air before leveling, we've lowered the overall coach height when leveled a good 2" or more.
It's worth noting the engine must be off when doing this, or the compressor will just fill things back up!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:09 PM   #28

I addition to the RVPlus card that works at the Pilot/Flying J diesel alleys, we also use the TSD Logistics card that can be used at a variety of truck stop alleys including Love', Petro and various private labels. The TSD card also comes with gallon discounts as well.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:37 PM   #29

Quote:

I also use this method. I will raise and lower the rear manually twice and once the air pressure has dropped I will Auto level while connecting electric, water and sewer.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
I addition to the RVPlus card that works at the Pilot/Flying J diesel alleys, we also use the TSD Logistics card that can be used at a variety of truck stop alleys including Love', Petro and various private labels. The TSD card also comes with gallon discounts as well.
TSD card is worth every penny.

Last Wednesday I filled up in Richmond VA at a TA. The pump price was 3.329 per gallon. Even with the .65 transaction fee and 10 percent to TSD my cost for fuel was 2.756 which equates to a discount of .57 per gallon.

The discounts are better at TA and Petro. It appears Loves has a standard negotiated price which is about .16 below pump price and the card cannot be used by RVs at Pilot/Flying J thanks to Good Sam.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:23 PM   #31

does anyone know where the auto-level fuse is on the 2018.5 S2RV model? Batteries are behind the cab.
miles ahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:30 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles ahead View Post
does anyone know where the auto-level fuse is on the 2018.5 S2RV model? Batteries are behind the cab.
There is a fuse on the leveler pump itself, in a yellow fuse holder. The pump unit is on the drivers side frame rail, just ahead of the rear axle.
Attached Thumbnails
B3FE09E4-9771-45F2-A0A5-833A35265438.jpg  

Old 03-25-2021, 07:41 PM   #33

Thank you, I found that fuse and its good also. Still can't figure why I am getting low voltage on the auto-level with the key on and no power with the key off. Batteries are good.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles ahead View Post
Thank you, I found that fuse and its good also. Still can't figure why I am getting low voltage on the auto-level with the key on and no power with the key off. Batteries are good.
Are your chassis batteries good? The levelers run off the chassis batteries. Have you checked for voltage on the large red cable attached to the pump motor? Also check the ground wires at the pump as they often get corroded or loose which could cause a low voltage issue.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:04 PM   #35

didn't think about checking the voltage at the pump. I checked for corrosion everywhere else but there. Thanks again!