Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #11

All three of my TV's work on all inputs. DVD on front,rear and outside, satellite, antenna and cable also.

Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #12

Thanks for the reply Mr. oz. for the sat. Are you using only one receiver? If so, what model? Are you using a cable splicer for each tv. The back tv has an extra cable, what for I don't know. The front tv also has extra cables! The outside tv I don't know because I can't get to the back of the tv. Do you know how to release the tv mount on the outside tv? Thanks for your help!

Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwade View Post
Thanks for the reply Mr. oz. for the sat. Are you using only one receiver? If so, what model? Are you using a cable splicer for each tv. The back tv has an extra cable, what for I don't know. The front tv also has extra cables! The outside tv I don't know because I can't get to the back of the tv. Do you know how to release the tv mount on the outside tv? Thanks for your help!
We have Dish. Model #VIP211Z. I programmed it at home then shipped it to our dealer. They installed it. Everything works. I have not touched anything other than to turn it on.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #14

Might be like ours. Turned out that the wire wasn't run correctly for us to use our Dish Antena on the roof and outside TV wasn't working well at all. Took it in and now things are somewhat working but it's going to need to go back in for more work. It seems that they concentrated on getting the above cab TV working with Dish. Now that is all it will work with. We are on a trip as I speak. Over cab TV onky works with the Dish that can not pick up because we are under trees. Hooked up to campgrounds cable, bed room TV works on it great, over cab TV does no pick up any of those channels. All it will do is pick up local CBS channel and nothing else. Can't get any other channels no matter what settings we try. Even ran a cable directly from bedroom TV hoping to get the cable channels up front but no such luck. And it will not play a DVD either, get sound but no picture on any settings.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #15

Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Oz View Post
All three of my TV's work on all inputs. DVD on front,rear and outside, satellite, antenna and cable also.
Just brought mine home, first time with the 2014 37FS.

Does the Clarion have to be on? I cannot get anything and am beginning to wonder if the prior owner modified something....

Anyone have a schematic?

Thanks,

Terry
N5QWA
2014 Seneca 37FS
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:04 PM   #16

Yes the radio needs to be on for surround sound to the tv's in house and when watching a DVD which plays through same slot that a CD does. Outside has it's own radio, speakers and I think DVD slot. Check the manual for the TV's and Manual for the radio. That is all you have unless you call Jayco and get them to send something else.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:03 AM   #17

Our coach has separate DVD players in the main TV as well as the master bedroom.

Was that standard or do you think it was added by the previous owners? I'd like to get it back to base so I can start to figure out the TV ops.

Thanks,
Old 09-21-2015, 05:43 AM   #18

Previous owner must have added them. Bought our 2014 Seneca new, no DVD players anywhere. The clarion radio in the cab plays DVDs through the the motorhome and also provides sorround sound too. You might want to take it to your nearest Jayco dealer and let them figure it all out. But also might want to keep it as is since with the way it is set up now you can watch different dvd's on each tv. With it set standard like mine one DVD plays on all tv's, no way to watch a different on on seprate tv's.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:21 PM   #19

The outside TV might be setup to play the DVD on the outside radio, mine was I have since changed the cables to play from the dash unit. I may in the future buy a analog to HDMI digital converter to play from the outside unit. Just have not had the time to get that worked out.
Old skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:32 AM   #20

I connected the bunk TV directly to the wall antenna jack and voila, received nearly 30 digital / analog, and a few HD channels. Took the access panels down and saw a mess of coax jumpers, splitters without leads, etc. More tonight as I bring it back to OEM as a start. I did trace out an orange coax to outside TV, a tan coax to master BR, so its moving along. Have yet to try the console Clarion for DVD.