Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2020, 08:45 AM   #1

Seneca Washer / Dryer

Hi All, first time used Seneca owner here and we have never used our washer / Dryer combo before. I tried to google and youtube info on it but cant seem to find much.

My main questions are:

Do you need to be hooked into water for it to work or will the water pump be fine?

Can you use it while driving if you run the generator?

Any other information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Reger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:53 PM   #2

As long you have water in your FW tank for the pump to work the water pump inside or hook up to city water it should work and no I don't have a Seneca so maybe they will chime in.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:26 PM   #3

Yes it will run off the water pump from tank water. I have run mine while traveling between campgrounds while running the generator. I also had the water heater on electric (I swapped out my tankless for a 10-gallon gas/electric) so it could use hot or warm water as dictated by the control settings. Did the load just as well as if we were parked for the cycle.

Just make sure you have grey tank space too!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:48 AM   #4

I run mine off of the water pump every month or so to keep my fresh water tank fresh. I run a couple of loads along with a shower or two and then fill the fresh tank again for when it is needed. I always keep my fresh tank full for those times that campground water is off.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:27 PM   #5

We recently installed the Splendide vented combo in our 2014FS. We have young kids and lots lot laundry. We use ours both driving and while parked. If we are Boondocking we have even done a load while sitting at the dump station (only when there is more than one station and the dump is not busy). Having it has been a blessing already in this summer’s trip. We have been out about a month and we do a load every 2-3 days. Following a tip from Rob we use the laundry pouches that have detergent and fabric softener built in, and a pouch of color safe bleach. We just put both in the bottom of the drum before putting our clothes in. We also use a couple of wool dryer balls but we don’t put them in until the dryer cycle starts. We are very happy to have our washer dryer! As others have mentioned, make sure you have at least 15 gals of fresh water AND at least that much room in your grey tank!!
James AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:02 PM   #6

In my check out I was required to sign that I would not do more than one load of laundry without the ability to drain gray tank. Always wondered how much water it actually uses. I have used it many times while boondocking but never while driving. This is a great post to have that discussion. I always thought that since regular washing machines come with spacers to prevent the tub from moving during transport that perhaps there would be too much movement between the bumps of the road and the drum movement (maybe at it’s worst during say a spin cycle). My rationale is purely theoretical. There are many times I would love to be doing laundry On my way to a place or home. I would like to hear your thoughts on the driving aspect of the original post.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:25 AM   #7

I have had my Splendide since early 2016 and used it probably 10 - 12 times on the road. No ill effects and have run many loads through it since. And I have driven on some very bumpy roads since I live in Ohio and drive through Pennsylvania very frequently. Both states have the same State flower - the orange barrel - so those of you that have traveled through here know what I mean!

I can do two loads before dumping the grey tank; since I have the SeeLevel monitoring system I have "tested" and verified my methodology so I am comfortable with our usage. Each standard load adds about 30% to my tank, adding the extra rinse (for bleached whites) makes one load 46% by itself. We only have done it on a transit day, empty tank to start with and only other grey additions en route are the hand washings and possibly some cup rinsing. Dump on arrival at our site.

Once upon a time when it was just the DW and I traveling we just packed like we were going to war and saved up our dirty laundry for either a laundromat or home. Now traveling with our grandsons frequently (who just look at clothes and they are dirty) we are very thankful we have the Splendide. More reasonable packing and no worries about having to deal with a laundromat.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
washing machine