Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #1

Seneca Water Intrusion?

Hello All,

This week, while my 2016 Seneca RB was at the dealer for some minor "shake down" repairs, the service writer called to inform me that my unit was part of an unofficial recall for water intrusion in the slide areas. The repair is somewhat major, as I was told it required an 80 hour allowance. Completely removing the slides, pulling up the floor, etc. The request for authorization was submitted and an OK was given. Work started last week and I am due to pick the unit up at the end of next week.

Just curious if anyone else has encountered this issue? My dealer, North Trail RV, told me that they were somewhat responsible for "discovering" the defect.

I will post again to update the repairs when I get the coach back.

steve
Longtimenosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:48 AM   #2

Any idea on whether this "issue" is limited to a particular model or year of the newer Senecas? I have a 2014 TS, but the construction of my slides looks very similar to other models and later years.

With water intrusion, damage may not be evident for some time. Sure would be unhappy if something happened after my warranty expired (early next year) and Jayco says "Sorry, we had a campaign to fix that but you are too late".

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #3

On many of the slides that use those synchronized motors on the aluminum gear setup...(cant recall what it is called exactly right now, but the 37FS has one of these slides on the rear slide), the bottom trim piece is a T shape. If the silicone bead that seals it to the slide wall is cracked at all it will leak down and into the T and then go right into the bottom of the slide and into the RV on the floor. This can destroy the bottom of the slide and the edge of the actual floor of the RV. This is more than likely what happened. Either it rained while they had it and noticed it, or they washed it, got it wet somehow and noticed it. I noticed my seal was cracked and had it fixed a week after I bought it. Some water did get in as it did rain for one day, but I got it cleaned up quickly so hopefully no real damage. If you could find the details of the "unofficial" recall, that would be great, as it would be good to see if they are willing to go through and make sure that no damage has been done while it has been sitting on the dealers lot before I bought it.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #4

I will quiz the service writer when I pick up the rv. Right now I'm operating on info from a phone conversation but hope to get more details in person, including a visual on the work performed.

Steve
Longtimenosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #5

Thank you in advance!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:29 AM   #6

I have 2015 rb model and have had water drip between the bed and wall on the rear washroom side was able to show service writer he saw it but when repair was attempted tech could not duplicate issue go figure ! also have a little water running down the inside back wall in the cupboards above the couch area and by the fridge again they could not duplicate said to note level of coach and which way the rain was falling so they could try and simulate this on the next visit
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote