Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2020, 10:41 AM   #1

Seneca winterize/sanitize setting

Am I the only one who failed to understand that the winterize/sanitize setting meant that the pump bypasses the city water port and, instead, pulls from a 1/2" tube plumbed through the floor of the wet bay (that looks like a low point drain and is located right next to the other 2)?
Out of sheer curiosity, this morning, I put a 5/8" hose over the pipe with a hose clamp and sure enough, the pump picked up and pumped my bucket of water!!!
Wow! I feel dumb.
memphis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis02 View Post
Am I the only one who failed to understand that the winterize/sanitize setting meant that the pump bypasses the city water port and, instead, pulls from a 1/2" tube plumbed through the floor of the wet bay (that looks like a low point drain and is located right next to the other 2)?
Out of sheer curiosity, this morning, I put a 5/8" hose over the pipe with a hose clamp and sure enough, the pump picked up and pumped my bucket of water!!!
Wow! I feel dumb.
Something is not right. That is not how it's supposed to work
Old 09-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #3

Mine sucks in through the city water connection with the valves set to winterize.

What year Seneca. I’m viewing on an iPhone so signature and rig are not displayed if listed.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:49 PM   #4

This is a 2014 37FS

I agree, Grumpy! It does seem that 'this' was what Jayco intended, though if you look at how everything is plumbed. If you look in the photos, that "drain" coming off the pickup side of the pump (is actually a pickup) goes directly to the underside of the coach as well as with a flexible line to the valve bank, so it appears that it was done with the intention of not having to turn the screen around to depress the backflow check valve at the city water, which is how I've always sanitized/winterized in the past. Why that line goes to the underside of the coach and not some sort of fitting or connection point makes zero sense, though...

What got me looking at this was my previous day's work on the HWH and wondering if sanitize/winterize would bypass the girard; so I've basically been crawling around the entire coach with my headlamp and phone trying to trace things down. It doesn't appear that the HWH gets bypassed, in case someone's wondering.
Attached Thumbnails
0913201340_HDR.jpg   0913201341_HDR.jpg   0913201341a_HDR.jpg   0913201341b_HDR.jpg  
Old 09-13-2020, 05:26 PM   #5

The 2018 37ts does not have that particular. The only lines that I have are the hot and cold low points, heater drain and the line from the fresh water tank.

There is a cold water bypass on the hot water heater but since the hot side doesn't have a check valve the water just flows backwards into the heater.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:06 PM   #6

Did you buy the coach new or used? If used is this something the previous owner did based on how they wanted to winterized?
Old 09-13-2020, 08:29 PM   #7

I am assuming you have the same valve bank, where does position 4 pull from?

I bought it 15 months old from a friend as his family couldn't use it. I don't believe they made any modifications. He said they never could make it winterize with the valves set to that but were told in the pdi to turn screen around and use city fill / city connections with the pump after removing the filter from its housing.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:14 PM   #8

I have the Nautilus P3 system which is different.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6089090B-3095-4E3F-B7A5-96223E28DE7B.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	63490
Old 09-14-2020, 02:35 PM   #9

2014 37ts mine has that. I use to drain suction side of pump. When using country fill I have to turn over screen and lift container above city fill connection to get pump primed. I just blow the lines to winterize, hate the taste and smell of antifreeze. Usually winterize in fall and again in march when we get back to Idaho from the south.
Dananu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:16 PM   #10

Our 2008 had a low point drain connected similar. Without it how would you get the water out of the suction side? It was not there for a pick-up line.