Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #1

Service frustrations

We have had our Redhawk 31xl in service several times since our purchase in April. Service manager told us he sent pics to Jayco of molding that was crooked and puckered above the front windshield. Then we were told ALL Jayco motorhomes looked like that. We then experienced a failure of the air conditioning in 96 degree weather. Took it in for other minor issues. Only about half of them were sugar coated and fixed. The others we were told were "normal". Our MH is not a lemon but we just want things fixed. They assured us Jayco does not reimburse for alignments as well as Hellwig spring adjustments. We have been very patient with all the excuses but we finally called Jayco. We have a file. It seems NONE of our concerns were brought to their attention. The wall in the shower is pulled away from the base. We were also told this is normal because it needs to flex. Jayco said ABSOLUTELY not and will send us the materials to fix it. They had not received photos and asked us to send.We want to get along with these local service people but they aren't very smart and certainly full of excuses and downright lies. It seems from searching the web this is a universal problem. The upside is we are taking the MH to a truck shop for alignment and sending the bill to Jayco. Not sure the service people are even capable of fixing the air conditioner. We leave Tuesday for Southern USA...ugh! Anyone else frustrated?
CDandCJandthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:56 AM   #2

We have been very impressed with the few requests to Jayco support. They are superb! We asked the local dealer a question regarding a warranty issue and the service desk person asked a colleague, "Do we do Jayco Warranty Service?"
They are a dealer with a large selection of coaches, Really!
We did not buy from them and left. Seems to be common at the service level locally.
I try to do all of my repairs because of the lack of experience out there. Usually 3 new issues are created fixing a simple one! Best of luck!
Old 06-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #3

Unfortunately we bought a Jayco lemon, it has been in the shop for 7 of the 13 months we have owned it and is still in shop as we speak.

As for Jayco Service..............not what you would expect. Took 7 weeks last summer for the front jacks on our F/W to be fixed due to errors on Jayco for correct parts. Now the slide failed and Jayco again sent wrong parts.........9 weeks now no F/W. We have canceled our Alaska trip in May now we just keep canceling other plans.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Took 7 weeks last summer for the front jacks on our F/W to be fixed due to errors on Jayco for correct parts. Now the slide failed and Jayco again sent wrong parts.........
Or did the dealer "order" the wrong parts? That seems to happen more than the dealers will admit. There was a very similar post where the dealer never even ordered the parts and blamed JAYCO for the delays.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Or did the dealer "order" the wrong parts? That seems to happen more than the dealers will admit. There was a very similar post where the dealer never even ordered the parts and blamed JAYCO for the delays.
No it was Jayco ....I have a Tech Service person @Jayco I communicate with. It was Jayco both times. They know me very well at Jayco, Our F/W has been in repairs for 7 months of the last 13
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:51 PM   #6

Quote:
No it was Jayco ....I have a Tech Service person @Jayco I communicate with. It was Jayco both times. They know me very well at Jayco, Our F/W has been in repairs for 7 months of the last 13
I'm curious why this unit has not been taken back to Jayco and repaired properly by the manufacturer? Is that not an option?
Old 06-24-2016, 01:22 PM   #7

Quote:
This is not an excuse, I'm not condoning it - but I'll bet you might be suffering from their prioritization.

If parts are in short supply, or people, they're going to put them towards building *new* stuff before fixing old.

Again, doesn't make it right, but it's something that's done quite frequently. New units is new revenue.

Just a guess on my part - just a wild, uneducated guess.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #8

Sorry to hear about that. I brought my trailer back to my dealer (Keystone Mega RV in Greencastle PA) because I had a leaking drain pipe. I mentioned other things that needed to be fixed, but I had a quick turnaround of 10 days before I needed it again.

I only asked them to take out the wet insulation, dry out the area and put it back together for me. I figured we would worry about the other details when camping season was over. 10 days later they had fixed EVERYTHING for me. I was very surprised and pleased with the quality and efficiency of the work they performed. I would suggest a different dealer look at your trailer.

Oh, Keystone was a little further away than our closest dealer, but thousands of dollars cheaper for the same model!
spoon059 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
I'm curious why this unit has not been taken back to Jayco and repaired properly by the manufacturer? Is that not an option?
The first major issue was landing gear, the motors came off the top of the jacks. Therefore no way to hook it up or un hook without blocking it up under frame. There were no parts for 7 weeks.... why go to Middlebury if no parts?

The slide issue again no parts besides no way to secure the slide that has completely failed.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:29 PM   #10

Sounds like classic CW!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Cunning193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:19 AM   #11

A/C Problems

We are having similar problems with our A/C. 88 degrees outside and 87 degrees inside. Taking it in to our dealer next week. I have discovered that dealers like to blame Jayco for service problems. Whenever I have called Jayco personally, I find out that the dealership has never communicated to them about my problems. Jayco has bent over backwards to do the right thing by me. If you're not happy, always call Jayco. They have been very honest and fair with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDandCJandthedog View Post
We have had our Redhawk 31xl in service several times since our purchase in April. Service manager told us he sent pics to Jayco of molding that was crooked and puckered above the front windshield. Then we were told ALL Jayco motorhomes looked like that. We then experienced a failure of the air conditioning in 96 degree weather. Took it in for other minor issues. Only about half of them were sugar coated and fixed. The others we were told were "normal". Our MH is not a lemon but we just want things fixed. They assured us Jayco does not reimburse for alignments as well as Hellwig spring adjustments. We have been very patient with all the excuses but we finally called Jayco. We have a file. It seems NONE of our concerns were brought to their attention. The wall in the shower is pulled away from the base. We were also told this is normal because it needs to flex. Jayco said ABSOLUTELY not and will send us the materials to fix it. They had not received photos and asked us to send.We want to get along with these local service people but they aren't very smart and certainly full of excuses and downright lies. It seems from searching the web this is a universal problem. The upside is we are taking the MH to a truck shop for alignment and sending the bill to Jayco. Not sure the service people are even capable of fixing the air conditioner. We leave Tuesday for Southern USA...ugh! Anyone else frustrated?
Brucewilbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:16 PM   #12

After THREE different people looking at the air conditioning and claiming they fixed it, we were desperate. We called Jayco and they recommended Thermo King when we were close to Wichita. Fixed...finally after suffering through the 4th of July in Texas with barely more cool air than a fan would provide in 102 weather! Works like a champ now. Their excuses saying we shouldn't expect it to be that cool were just a cover up for "we don't have a clue how to fix anything." Jayco got the job done for us, our RV service center gets a big fat zero rating!!!
Old 07-24-2016, 07:37 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDandCJandthedog View Post
After THREE different people looking at the air conditioning and claiming they fixed it, we were desperate. We called Jayco and they recommended Thermo King when we were close to Wichita. Fixed...finally after suffering through the 4th of July in Texas with barely more cool air than a fan would provide in 102 weather! Works like a champ now. Their excuses saying we shouldn't expect it to be that cool were just a cover up for "we don't have a clue how to fix anything." Jayco got the job done for us, our RV service center gets a big fat zero rating!!!
What did they do to fix it?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:42 PM   #14

They actually replaced the frost probe which had a broken wire at the connection. Such a relief! I was sick of hearing that it was all in our heads and that's how warm it was supposed to be!