Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2015, 09:39 AM   #1

setting up a dish setup on my rv

I have just purchased a wine guard portable model MP1 and would like to start the process of setting up for our Jayco Seneca there is a receiver on amazon for about 80 bucks is that the best way to go. we have an acct with dish and already paying too much but we go on the road for a couple of months and would like to use the acct as we are paying for it anyway looking for advise
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #2

The quickest and easiest way to get Dish is to use the Tailgater and the 211k receiver.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #3

Stimpey, what Dish receiver you get could vary by what satellite connections you have in you Seneca. Mine is limited to composite video (3 wire stupid setup for a 2015 MH) so it must be the 211K. The 211Z is HDMI only.

People have had problems with setting up a refurbished receiver that was previously registered to another user. There have also been problems with doing a first time set up in the RV also. It is easier to do initial set up at home and then in RV. Easy if you are already a Dish customer. Also easier to deal with a local dealer like CW if you have problems.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpey View Post
I have just purchased a wine guard portable model MP1 and would like to start the process of setting up for our Jayco Seneca there is a receiver on amazon for about 80 bucks is that the best way to go. we have an acct with dish and already paying too much but we go on the road for a couple of months and would like to use the acct as we are paying for it anyway looking for advise
Try connecting the wine guard portable model MP1to your house and see if it is compatible. If it works just use a box from your house. When we travel we use one of our home boxes that we are already paying for. we are with Direct.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #5

Stmpey, I have a Wine Guard X2 for my Precept and I have Dish at home. When I bought the sat dish, the instructions stated which receivers it would work with. It wasn't the one I had at home so I had to buy one and pay seven dollars a month more. My dealer did the install and it works well. I just have to find a clear line at the southern sky and the rest is automatic. TV doesn't mean that much to a lot of campers but the DW likes to get her HGTV and Fox news before turning in.

Bob
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:05 AM   #6

Amazon

Bought my DISH Vip 211Z box from Amazon, struggled to set it up, then learned about setting it up in my home first to download correct software "switch". Moved it to the RV and voila'...works like a champ in the 2014 Seneca with the Mission Roadtrip In Motion antenna.

It was not easy, very frustrating, but in the end it had all worked out and I really learned a lot about satellite TV. (This was my first venture.)
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:20 AM   #7

I have the Tailgater and the 211K receiver. I have never had a problem getting it set up, unless there is no clear sight line to the southern sky. Otherwise, it has worked perfectly. Since I use my fifth wheel for work, and we are out at least one weekend a month, I registered my receiver with Dish and pay the $7 a month fee. That way I don't have to worry about getting it turned on for a trip, it's always ready.