Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2015, 10:44 PM   #1

Should I Winterize?

2015 Seneca

Leaving my warm garage in a unit that is not Winterized for Daytona Florida.

First night Stop is forecasted 12 Degree Low.

I will run Heat the entire time. Should I worry about Freezing up? Especially worried about the Tankless Hot Water Heater which appears to have no insulation around it and thin coils? I think the manual said it will cycle to stay functional but can I trust that at highway speeds and 12 degrees overnight?

Also my slid-out includes a fridge on it and I can see lines or drains which are exposed?

I appreciate any feedback. My old unit was a non-slide coach so not sure what to expect with having slides and components not enclosed.
Exec-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:24 AM   #2

Why take the risk. Open all the low point drains and open all the taps inside Don't forget the outside shower. Take a 5 gallon water jug with you for flushing the toilet Lot of places to get water farther south Enjoy the race
moonraker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #3

I don't travel in the winter but when I start out I'm always empty and that's every trip. You can always find water to fill your tanks.
I always take 4 one gallon jugs of water and put them in the shower for hand washing and flushing if it's going to be an extended drive of one day or more. But I always travel with at least 1 gallon.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:48 PM   #4

why not, the pink antifreeze is cheap at walmart, 3 gallons to 4 gallons, i use to flush toilet on the road and carry fresh water inside, ask the dealer about fridge and tankless heater or call jayco, better safe then sorry
walkingeagle is offline   Reply With Quote