Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2020, 02:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkinder View Post
Help we are newbies with 2019 Redhawk 26XD! We are in a very nice resort & decided to try the city fixture setting on water & not the tank! Woke up at 3:30 to water on floor in bathroom & coming under the partition into bed area. Problem was shower basin slowly filling with water & running over! We have an in-line filter & a water regulator ( the one they give you in the kit- I know replace it)! One of our friends left the water dribbling in the sink after brushing his teeth but a very small dribble! Nothing wet under the sink which I would expect if sink had overflowed! Had just emptied grey water still have only 1/3 on meter. Water in shower thankfully fresh water. Any ideas - could it be the pressure in the park which I have heard is high? Did regulator fail? How would water leaking in sink get to shower basin & why didn’t shower basin drain to grey water tank rather than just accumulate in the shower basin? Could gauge for grey water tank not be showing accurate? TIA for any assistance you can give.
Forgot: when we turned off water & disconnected hose & regulator water slowly drained out of shower basin.
I always leave my grey tank valve open when I’m hooked up. Some say to use this soapy water to rinse out the sewer hose after dumping the black. I rinse my black tank 3 times after I dump it. This would have prevent your overfill if this in fact is your issue.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:15 PM   #22

You might try to find out if the plumbing is correct. A friend of ours had a fancy fifth wheel with a pumped sewage feature. Trouble was the pump ran the sewage into the fresh water tank.
ragnarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:21 PM   #23

Is it possible, since this is your first time to hook up to city water, that you hooked up to the tank flush?
My Brother-in-law was tired, hooked up to flush instead of fresh.
What a mess.....
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:36 AM   #24

I would check how your water control knobs are set. The first time I tried to sanitize the water lines after winter storage, all the water went to the grey tank. I have no idea how. Every time afterwards when winterizing or sanitizing, I have paid closer attention to the settings and have never had that problem again.
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:23 AM   #25

I suspected that & checked the line was properly attached & the settings were correct for city water & we have a pressurizer on the line. Really a mystery to me - not that the tank could have filled but why when I disconnected the water line it slowly emptied! Just thankful my husband awoke about 330 & we found the problem before it was devastating!
jkkinder is offline   Reply With Quote