Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2018, 10:33 AM   #1

shower faucet

Sorry if this a repeat somewhere but couldn't find anything.
My 05 26 SS class c has a leaky shower faucet, not too bad unless I turn the water off at the shower head.
I would like to replace or repair and have taken the valves out, but don't know how to remove from the wall and I see no way to get on the other side of the shower wall to disconnect the hoses to it..I also can't get the hose off. I can twist it a little but am sure it is going to break, which is O.K , any clues?

One more thing.
There is a lot of chatter about winter travel. I just traveled 3500 miles in temperatures as low as 9 degrees and no issues. I insulated the water valve compartment, hoses, valves, drains, etc and placed a light bulb inside and the lowest it ever got was 30 degrees and usually was 35 to 40 degrees all the time. Just worked great for me, thought I would share.
Bucket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket2 View Post
Sorry if this a repeat somewhere but couldn't find anything.
My 05 26 SS class c has a leaky shower faucet, not too bad unless I turn the water off at the shower head.
I would like to replace or repair and have taken the valves out, but don't know how to remove from the wall and I see no way to get on the other side of the shower wall to disconnect the hoses to it..I also can't get the hose off. I can twist it a little but am sure it is going to break, which is O.K , any clues?

One more thing.
There is a lot of chatter about winter travel. I just traveled 3500 miles in temperatures as low as 9 degrees and no issues. I insulated the water valve compartment, hoses, valves, drains, etc and placed a light bulb inside and the lowest it ever got was 30 degrees and usually was 35 to 40 degrees all the time. Just worked great for me, thought I would share.
what rig do you have? It makes a difference, a lot of rigs no matter what you do to them are just not designed for cold weather travel with water in the tanks. Of course you can always winterize the rig and travel in the cold at any temperature just have to make sure you have the heating to keep yourself warm

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote