Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #1

Shower leak on exterior wheel well

Just got back from A week in Maine. I noticed on our 2018 Greyhawk 30x that when I run the shower I have a water leak exiting the coach on the passenger rear wheel well. I check under the shower and the floor is dry. I cannot figure where it is coming from. Is it possible it is leaking between the shower plastic wall or floor pan? I would assume I would see water somewhere inside. Anyone seen anything similar?
JPHealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:05 AM   #2

We had a similar leak. I assumed it was the shower as well since it was leaking on the outside by the shower. It turned out to be the toilet. The water was leaking at the water inlet on the toilet, but it was running down the pex to the wall. There was also a heater vent line along the same wall, so that area was hidden behind some luan.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:28 PM   #3

Just to chime in - same thing. Except our leak was over by the pump and filter. Connections were loose. I don't think you can assume the leak is near the drip.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:23 AM   #4

It only happens when I run the shower. I think I found the source. I believe it is working it’s way between the shower floor pan and the side walls. I let water run in the shower pan only and had no leaks. As soon as I put the shower head back on the holder and allowed the water to hit the walls it would start leaking . I also could see it dripping on the inside exterior wall via the access panel. I am going to seal the connection between the walls and the pan as well as the plastic pop rivets on the walls of the shower. I will post results.
JPHealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 11:25 AM   #5

23 prestige. Water leak when pump or city water is on 37 m. Can hear it spraying in the bathroom and outside in the wheel well. No water in side runs down the frame. Any ideas. Wet bay is dry
BradandDenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 09:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradandDenise View Post
23 prestige. Water leak when pump or city water is on 37 m. Can hear it spraying in the bathroom and outside in the wheel well. No water in side runs down the frame. Any ideas. Wet bay is dry
When you say the wet-bay is dry... In our wet-bay, the pump lives. I could see the spray from the pump. What parts of the plumbing can you see and what can't you?
Old 11-28-2022, 07:57 AM   #7

Our did the same 2018 greyhawk 29MV i opened up the access panel and fiddled with the the drain fitting. I also added a bit more blocking to the underside of the shower floor and it took care of the issue
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 08:54 AM   #8

Had similar experience with our 2016 29KS Greyhawk when it was under warranty dealer caulked behind shower wall panels where the seams met (not floor pan) and it fixed it.
2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote