Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2021, 09:26 PM   #1

Exclamation Side slider won’t budge

Never any problem until we went to sequoia. Leveled unit, hit slider out and nothing no noise, no nothing. Checked electrical all connected at switch and at motor. Can’t figure if there is a fuse panel fuse or a little box fuse by motor. Also, is there a control switch or panel? I’ve been told there should be a control panel somewhere between switch in panel on wall and the motor. Also I’ve learned there could be a “ limiter switch”. Our dealer won’t say if there is or isn’t maybe they don’t know is what I’m thinking. Hopefully someone out there has had this experience. Our fuse panel has numbers but no corresponding info as to what fuse goes where. I’m calling Jayco main office and asking for a wiring diagram and fuse code info. But last time I called the main Jayco they sent me five options for step wiring come to find out it was none of those so I’m not holding my breath for an answer from them tomorrow. It’s a 2012 greyhawk 31’ fk. Thanks for any info you may have….
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:22 AM   #2

Sounds like it could be a blown fuse. If you have a volt meter you can check for voltage at switch and motor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf fuse panel.pdf (254.0 KB, 17 views)
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:30 PM   #3

Look for a fuse panel by the bed. Mine is next the floor at the end your feet would be. Some of these fuses are auto reset, like the big silver ones. Others are general car fuses you have to replace if they blow. Have to find the panel, see what fuse you have.
Attached Thumbnails
fuse panel.jpg  
Old 07-19-2021, 06:05 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestion, that was actually the first thing we did, then unscrewed wood over bed at base, went to the 20 amp slow blow fuse, that’s fine, then checked the big square 15 amp fuse on the slider relay, it’s good too. We bought new switch for cabinet today, but since it’s clicking on the relay, bets are it’s fine. But just about every other switch in that coach we’ve had to replace so for 6.00 it’s always good to have a backup when we’re out if that’s not the problem. We have what’s known as a “long reach single motor slide”, , where we only have one motor at the end of the slider, so it doesn’t have to sync. Sliders are on top and bottom and not sides. Just hoping one of the ratchets haven’t broken that is if we have them. Our next thing is to see if we have power both in and out at the relay, then the motor. Please let me know if anyone has ever had experiences with this problematic thing. Thanks
Old 07-19-2021, 08:53 PM   #5

Opened under bed. A complete fire hazard

They have fuse panels mounted directly to carpeting. Our son had a fit when he saw the photo. Ceramic fuses mounted directly to carpeting. No barrier between it. I was trying to post photo but can’t figure how. If anyone know how to post photo please let me know. Thanks. NTSB SHOULD SEE THIS. and we’re sleeping above it. It may come thru I think I attached them.
Attached Thumbnails
39AD9569-4CF9-4A65-9426-98C4DB37FE8B.jpeg   B7CAAB0C-307B-4F6B-897D-1F7AF7176D52.jpg  
Old 07-20-2021, 08:25 AM   #6

Don't look under the bed....

Yours is beautiful compared to mine....
Attached Thumbnails
20200620_174245.jpg  

don_kleinschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 02:39 PM   #7

If you are hearing the relay click when you push the switch then the problem may be with the ground for that relay board. I had the same problem with our 29xk. Turns out the green wire from the relay board was loose where it was crimp connected to other wires. When I removed the board to test the relays and fuses I pulled on the wires and the green one popped out of the crimp. Cut and stripped the wires from the crimp and used a wire nut. Presto! All good.
Sorry I did not see this earlier, hope you got it fixed.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasilHayden View Post
If you are hearing the relay click when you push the switch then the problem may be with the ground for that relay board. I had the same problem with our 29xk. Turns out the green wire from the relay board was loose where it was crimp connected to other wires. When I removed the board to test the relays and fuses I pulled on the wires and the green one popped out of the crimp. Cut and stripped the wires from the crimp and used a wire nut. Presto! All good.
Sorry I did not see this earlier, hope you got it fixed.
Thanks we will try that tonight. All of our grounds, light,etc weren’t tight, they didn’t use automotive approved connectors, they taped things. Ughhh. Thanks again
Old 07-20-2021, 09:47 PM   #9

Slider not moving. - FOUND PROBLEM.

Wow, thank you to the person who posted about the green wire. we went to storage garage tonight, first thing we touched the green wire, it didn’t come out, but my husband pushed it into the plastic clip on relay, I pushed button, and, slider moved out. We found out it’s good from the ground connection to the clip, but the relay side is the problem, brought it home going to check the soter in back and spread clip so it makes a better contact. So glad you mentioned the green wire. At most may have to get a new board if we can’t fix, pretty sure we can. So glad for this forum, and the helpful information that people like you provide. Thanks again.