Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2017, 05:23 PM   #21

We purchased a 2016 Melbourne 24K in July 2016. Dealership installed slide toppers on both the side and the back slides. The back topper does obstruct part of the rear view camera but not too much in our opinion. The dealer name is B&B RV in Anderson, CA
530-365-7043. I looked at the invoice for the make and model # and they are not listed. You could call and ask the service department.
pamanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamanc View Post
We purchased a 2016 Melbourne 24K in July 2016. Dealership installed slide toppers on both the side and the back slides. The back topper does obstruct part of the rear view camera but not too much in our opinion. The dealer name is B&B RV in Anderson, CA
530-365-7043. I looked at the invoice for the make and model # and they are not listed. You could call and ask the service department.
Do you have pictures of how they mounted them. More interested in the dinette slide but both would be great.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Thanks PAMANC
Great to hear of someone who's had both slide toppers installed.
If you could accommodate PFFlyer and me (&others) with some detailed pics i.e. brackets on slide, and mounting track on Coach --- especially the Dinette Slide, that'd be helpful, and much appreciated.
Rudy
petersrc2@gmail.com
petersrc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #24

I can snap photos later today of the slides "in". We will be in a park tomorrow where illl get photos of the slides "out" and post at that time
Old 03-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #25

Quote:

What the others said x10! Would greatly appreciate any pics of side slide awning brackets, manufacturer, etc. so we can try to get ours done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #26

Quote:
I can snap photos later today of the slides "in". We will be in a park tomorrow where illl get photos of the slides "out" and post at that time
Thanks a bunch, Pamanc
PHENOMENAL!
If possible, try to show us the way the awning's rail was affixed to the Coach Roofline, above the Dinette Slide. We were told there wasn't sufficient "height" above the slide????
And --------- that the fascia trim around the slide was "too wide" (approx. 6")??
Anyhoo -------- whatever you're comfortable with.
Rudy
Old 03-08-2017, 11:55 AM   #27

Our appointment is next Tuesday, March 14th for some minor warranty work. We're taking the response we received from Jayco and this thread for their review. We'll see what happens. We're also going to ask them if they can safely put in one more set of safety belts front-facing in the booth.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #28

I will be posting photos later today. We are on the road without wifi. Is there a simple way to post photos? It is asking for the URL address of my photos????
Old 03-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #29

Quote:
I will be posting photos later today. We are on the road without wifi. Is there a simple way to post photos? It is asking for the URL address of my photos????
Hi Pamanc
Try the following:
Rather than clicking on "Insert Image", click on "Paperclip"(attachment).
A new page "Manage Attachments" opens
Click on "Choose File"
Go to your "Photos" to select the desired images, then click on "Upload"
It worked for me ------- Our '39 Chevy. Click on picture to enlarge it.
Alternatively, if you're having difficulties here, I'd appreciate your pics at petersrc2@gmail.com
Cheers
Rudy
ps. I notice you're from Redding area; now "On The Road" ---- heading along I10
towards the desert? We're currently in Indio area.
Attached Thumbnails
39 In The Park 5-27-2008 3-37-45 PM.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #30

Not sure what you are using to view and post with but the window you type your reply in there is a paper clip symbol on the tool bar of that box. When you click on the paper clip another window pops up and you have 5 boxes with a browse button beside it. Click a browse button and choose where the photo is located on your computer. Then click the upload button in that same box when you have finished. Basically the same thing on my IPhone but it will give you the option to take a picture. If the pictures don't show up in the preview you may have to click on the paper clip again and you will see the files you just uploaded. click on the file to insert it in the reply box. It is better do it this way verses linking to a photobucket or some other web source. On other forums there is nothing more frustrating to click on a link for a picture only to find out the account is no longer active or you need a password or sign up as well to view the pictures. Hope that helps.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #31

Slide awnings on 2016 Melbourne

Posting on behalf of Pamanc who's "ON THE ROAD"
The first pic is of the Rear Slide
2nd to last pic shows the DashDisplay of Rear Camera View
Rudy
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5885.JPG   IMG_5888.JPG   IMG_5891.jpg   IMG_5892.JPG   IMG_5893.JPG  

IMG_5894.jpg   IMG_5895.JPG   IMG_5914.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #32

Quote:

Pamanc

I've seen the pics of your slide toppers. Great to know it can be done. Can you confirm the dinette slide topper is anchored ON the roof? It sort of looks like it, but hard to tell for sure.

Thanks for the pics!!!

Old 03-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #33

Slide Awnings on 2016 Melbourne

Posting on behalf of Pamanc ---- still On The Road.
Three additional pics of Dinette Topper Brackets/Rail.
We couldn't get a better shot of top rail mounting at this time------ guessing that it's affixed to the Factory installed Gutter.

Some of us owners have been advised that toppers can't be installed, partially due to the wider than usual Slide Facia Trim (Jayco's is nominally 6"). When I've looked at topper installations to other Manufacturers' models, e.g. Winnebago, Forest River, Thor, etc., the Topper Slide Brackets are mounted "below" the Fascia Trim. Because this would be "too low" for the fabric to clear the top of the Slide, B&B RV chose to mount the brackets onto the Fascia. Looks O.K. to me.
Click on pic to expand.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0945.jpeg   IMG_0948.jpg   IMG_0949.jpg  
Old 03-15-2017, 08:26 PM   #34

As I said on another thread regarding Melbournes, we went to our Camping World dealer for some warranty work. The service manager looked at all commentary, pictures, etc. from this thread regarding slide awnings. He said he'll look a little further into it but doesn't feel confident adding them to our RV, especially attaching to the fascia. I fear we'll have to go elsewhere if we decide to get them. He doesn't want to add them to the back slide or the side slide!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:16 PM   #35

Have not confirmed that yet. We will get
Up on a ladder once we are back home and let
You know.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:40 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko View Post
As I said on another thread regarding Melbournes, we went to our Camping World dealer for some warranty work. The service manager looked at all commentary, pictures, etc. from this thread regarding slide awnings. He said he'll look a little further into it but doesn't feel confident adding them to our RV, especially attaching to the fascia. I fear we'll have to go elsewhere if we decide to get them. He doesn't want to add them to the back slide or the side slide!

It's insane that the same dealer in different areas can't (won't) do the same work as another. Just in this thread we have a rig with both slide toppers, one with only the rear (me) and you can't get either installed! You'd think these places were run by the government...and I feel qualified to say that since I've been employed by the Government in one capacity or another for over 38yrs.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnbgould View Post
It's insane that the same dealer in different areas can't (won't) do the same work as another. Just in this thread we have a rig with both slide toppers, one with only the rear (me) and you can't get either installed! You'd think these places were run by the government...and I feel qualified to say that since I've been employed by the Government in one capacity or another for over 38yrs.

AGREED ------ I'm hopeful that "someone" will be able to install both for us when we return to Canada in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:28 PM   #38

I just wish Jayco would re-design their slides and make slide awnings a feature rather than an add-on. We think they're just too important - although it's amazing how many people with campers think they're no big deal. We stayed in Bandon, OR a couple of years ago. There was a wind storm one night, and the next morning we had two inches of pine needles clinging to every square inch of our trailer. Thank goodness we had a slide awning; because even with it, clean up was a nightmare. They're not just for rain!
Old 03-24-2017, 11:49 AM   #39

Hello. Have a 28bsdh made on 5/2015. Has anyone looked into toppers on this model. I see discussions referring to motorhomes. Thanks