Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #1

Slide motor location

Can anyone tell me how to locate the slide motors on a Greyhawk 31 FS? Trying to locate in advance in case need to manually retract…..thanks!
FishNFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #2

We need to know what type of slide it is. If it is a new schwintech slide (spelling?) then the motors are on each side on the top rail in the wall, behind the rubber gasket.
djtho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #3

Sorry. No, not Lippert or Schwinteck. It's Power Gear, not something I'm familiar with. It say's its a rack & pinion system, and there are toothed rails under the slides. From the manual, it looks like the motors should be along those rails--It just says follow the rails, find the motor, but the rails just disappear somewhere in the subfloor. For the life of me I can't figure how to get at them if needed. There's no access panel that I can find on either side, either above or below.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #4

Sorry, there is no diagram that is available to me as of yet.
John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:02 AM   #5

I have the same model RV but it's away in storage so can't look at it. I was told that the access door to motor is up and inside the storage compartment which is just below the slider. Once you locate that I would appreciate hearing about your experience. Thanks.
Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:17 PM   #6

Thanks Oklahoma Dan. I looked, and sure enough there is an access panel on the top of the compartment under the center of the slide, passenger side. I didn't pull it, but that's got to be right. Just didn't see it until I knew it was supposed to be there. So went to the other side, thinking okay no problem--no such access on the other side. The driver side motor looks to be right above the generator--but there's no access there, even if you pull the generator. Nothing topside either, under the couch or anything that I can see Geez it shouldn't be this hard....should be used to it my now I guess.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:39 AM   #7

I will be at my dealer next Thursday for a small issue with my MH. Will have them point out the access door to me on the driver's side and get back to you on where they find it.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:07 PM   #8

Wink

At dealer today. The motor to the slider on the driver side of the 31FS is under the sleeper/sofa inside the MH. There you will find a box with the motor inside. Box opens up but you'll need a screwdriver. So everything for that slider is found above the floor level.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:50 PM   #9

Thanks Oklahoma Dan. Did they actually show you the motor? Because all I see under that box is an electrical junction box with wires that run under the floor. It looks like you'd have to pull the couch, or at least possibly the front carpeted panel off the bottom of the slideout. I think that panel just screws on but the screws are hidden by the carpet--clever. I didn't pull it all apart, but I guess that's the next step unless there's something else I'm missing--entirely possible.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #10

No I didn't open the box as yet. I assumed this guy knew his stuff when it was pointed out to me at the dealership. Next time I go to storage I am going to open that box to find that motor. No better time than now. I wouldn't want to try figuring this out when or if this thing should go out on me when I'm out there in some remote place.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:22 PM   #11

That's about what I got, too. Some vague hand waive about "it's under there" at the walkthrough. Of course, that was the same walk through tech that was talking to me about using the glow plugs on the diesel---so I had checked out by then & figured I'd have better luck figuring it out myself & through the internet. So far that's been correct....but no sense in turning this into a "walk through-RV dealer knowledge" bashing....... And yes, so far I've avoided putting diesel in the tank, no thanks to the dealership.