Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2021, 02:39 PM   #1

Slide motor rollers

I have a 2013 Greyhawk 31 FS. Recently saw two steel rollers on the ground when I let out the slide. I have found the access panel for the motor but wasn’t sure how to access those rollers. Passenger side Bunk and wardrobe slide.
DayTripper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:52 PM   #2

Yeah I made a thread about this a while back. I have had this problem for 3-4 years now. Jayco basically refused to help me.

There are 4 rollers (from what I can see) per rail. Some are ok to get to with the right tools, others are impossible. It is also difficult to find the right parts for it. You need to know exactly what part number slide out mechanism you have so you can order it from Lippert.

I did not get a quote from a dealer about how much it would be to fix. I cannot find an access panel or easy way to get to them from up top. It's a majory concern to me as I have had 5 or 6 of them loosen up and fall out. Looks like nobody is putting loctite on them.

End of the day if enough fall out your whole slide could eff itself up. Given its location, there is nothing an owner could have done to make this an actual problem and anyone missing the cam bearings should get them replaced for free.

But, Jayco being Jayco, nothing will happen.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTripper4 View Post
I have a 2013 Greyhawk 31 FS. Recently saw two steel rollers on the ground when I let out the slide. I have found the access panel for the motor but wasn’t sure how to access those rollers. Passenger side Bunk and wardrobe slide.
It should be possible to access the slide out roller mechanism by removing the carpeted toe kick that covers the side of the slide out. Once in there, you should be able to see the mechanism, and you'll see where the bearings came from. The attached images show where my missing bearing on my driver's side came from. (I was half way through the process of replacing it).

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200926_104107A.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	67516

Name:	20200926_104118b.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	67514

Name:	20200926_100510A.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	67515

Then using a long extension and socket I loosened the four side plate bolts part way so that the plate could move out about a quarter inch so the bearing could slide back into place. Then using a shortened allen wrench I was able to hold the bearing shaft (from the back side) while I tightened the nut securing the bearing in place.
Old 03-31-2022, 07:53 PM   #4

May be better thread, but just throwing this up for reference. This is the motor on both my slides (believe lippert) and the motor is under the slide, inside the MH, about where the gears line up from outside. The motor has a little handle on it that you throw up to unlock the brake so you can push the slide in if ever need to. You have to remove the kick plate which is screwed in, but I'm not sure you'll ever find the screws in the carpet. I had to use a screw driver and crowbar to pull the screws out to find the motor. When I was done I cut the old screws with a dremel and put new ones in. I did this just because I wanted to know where it was and how to operate manually.
Attached Thumbnails
motor.jpg   toekick.jpg  
Old 07-12-2022, 11:45 AM   #5

2019 Alante. I just found a roller after closing my slide. Doesn't seem to be enough room to get a hex wrench behind the roller. I did fix it by slotting the threaded end and holding it with a screwdriver. I'm concerned that all of the other rollers may come loose.
Called Jayco and was told the slide has to be removed to fix this problem.
It's ridiculous that the cam rollers aren't secured better.
Redhawk 22C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 06:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk 22C View Post
2019 Alante. I just found a roller after closing my slide. Doesn't seem to be enough room to get a hex wrench behind the roller. I did fix it by slotting the threaded end and holding it with a screwdriver. I'm concerned that all of the other rollers may come loose.
Called Jayco and was told the slide has to be removed to fix this problem.
It's ridiculous that the cam rollers aren't secured better.
I ended up double nutting mine with thin nuts. I also drilled out access holes to keep an eye on them.
Attached Thumbnails
9E54904A-8D7A-49F7-9ACA-B45BA865B0D2.jpg  
Old 08-09-2022, 06:41 AM   #7

Pic of double nut. Just enough threads to hold tight.
Attached Thumbnails
3679CCE9-C8CF-4F23-959C-7D5904F6AA9B.jpg  
Old 12-06-2022, 03:01 PM   #8

I was just collecting more info from Jayco as I was trying to find my slide controllers. Turns out I only have relays (Lippert Slides). Jayco sent some more docs I didn't have (Why don't owners get all this as soft copies when they buy the vehicle?).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slide Rough Wiring.pdf (69.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: pdf Slide Room Motor Access.pdf (252.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: pdf Slide Rail Adjustment.pdf (377.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: pdf Slide Motor Manual.pdf (2.44 MB, 39 views)
File Type: pdf Slide Rail and Power Gear Service Manual.pdf (3.76 MB, 52 views)
Old 12-06-2022, 03:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini4mw View Post
(Why don't owners get all this as soft copies when they buy the vehicle?).
Probably to protect their dealers. Same reason they are reluctant to send the docs out when the unit is still under warranty. Just like you don't get the service and parts manuals with a new car.

For years Starcraft and Jayco use to send a semi with parts and also send service techs to the International Rallies. Well, the dealers complained that it was cutting into their warranty and parts sales so that came to an abrupt end. Many people would wait until they were at the Rally to get work done.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Probably to protect their dealers. Same reason they are reluctant to send the docs out when the unit is still under warranty. Just like you don't get the service and parts manuals with a new car.

For years Starcraft and Jayco use to send a semi with parts and also send service techs to the International Rallies. Well, the dealers complained that it was cutting into their warranty and parts sales so that came to an abrupt end. Many people would wait until they were at the Rally to get work done.
interesting.. didn't think of that but it makes sense.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:34 AM   #11

Be sure to put some use some thread lock on the roller prior to re-installation.
Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Toad
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90
stu stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 04:49 PM   #12

did you ever get your slide fixed? please help....

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ng-100284.html
AfricaUnite is offline   Reply With Quote