Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2017, 10:44 PM   #1

Slide Out Floor

Well I learned a lesson today, I pulled the slide in on the 2009 Greyhawk I sort of lost my balance walking thru the coach and my foot came down on corner of slide floor. The floor broke loose from side wall to my surprise. Then reading on some other sites I found that your not supposed to put much weight on floor when in and a lot of people support the slide when in with wedges for temp support when in. Now I have to try and fix this seems to be a common problem.I thought this would of been constructed a little better than this.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:11 AM   #2

Sorry that happened to you and I don't know of an easy fix.
What I did was make 3 wedges ( 1 for each end and 1 for the middle), about 1' wide X 1-1/4+"high X about 6-8" long and when the slide is in I use them for support when I run down the HWY or when we use the trailer when the slide in.
I got this idea from Lippert years ago from a product they used to advertise for carpet protection.
Attached Thumbnails
image.png  
Old 11-20-2017, 04:23 PM   #3

Jayco has been very quick to reply with request for a drawing I need, there is only a small aluminum tube on the side wall the floor is screwed into.you would think that a better way of attaching the wall to the floor would be thought of. A strap from top to bottom inside the wall would help
Old 11-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #4

Wow, that's a surprise to all of us I'm sure.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #5

Greyhawk Slideout Floor

Jayco was quick to send a drawing, I was surprised 1 inch aluminum tubing with a few screws holds that floor to walls. I was able to pull it back up and used stainless screws thru the floor into the tube. If I could I would put bolts thru the floor and nuts on the other side, but wold have to remove the walls inside. At least the seat belt bolts go thru the back side.