Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2018, 08:40 PM   #1

Slide topper for 31FS ?

I have a 2017 31FS and want to put slide topper's on it. I've searched the forum but can't find any solid information. If anybody has them, would appreciate any information. I've been dutifully sweeping the tops of the slides before we break camp. I plan to install them myself. Thanks Don
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
I have a 2017 31FS and want to put slide topper's on it. I've searched the forum but can't find any solid information. If anybody has them, would appreciate any information. I've been dutifully sweeping the tops of the slides before we break camp. I plan to install them myself. Thanks Don
Personally I like the slide toppers especially when it's raining or in the late fall when we get some early snowfall. We recently did a 2700 km trip over 7 days where we ran into rain and light snow every evening. When we would put the slides in to get on the road in the morning, none of that ends up inside the motorhome running onto the floors.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Personally I like the slide toppers especially when it's raining or in the late fall when we get some early snowfall. We recently did a 2700 km trip over 7 days where we ran into rain and light snow every evening. When we would put the slides in to get on the road in the morning, none of that ends up inside the motorhome running onto the floors.
I agree with Lunatic...we love our slide toppers!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #4

Quote:
We like our slide topper, too (it helps keep direct sun off the slide roof so it stays cooler), but it's not clear what 'solid information' you're looking for.

Call Jayco with your VIN# and you can get the framing schematic to help with mounting the topper.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #5

Thank you guys for your tips. I get some amazed looks from other campers when they see me standing on the roof. We have a lot of trees in Oregon, and the top of the slides are always covered with pine needles etc. I sweep it then run in right away so I don't pull in a single piece of debris. But with all our rain, it could get dicey standing on that fiberglass. I know there is some interference with the awning with a topper on the passenger side, but I think people have done it with the 31fs, I just don't know the details, brand, model number, length etc.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Thank you guys for your tips. I get some amazed looks from other campers when they see me standing on the roof. We have a lot of trees in Oregon, and the top of the slides are always covered with pine needles etc. I sweep it then run in right away so I don't pull in a single piece of debris. But with all our rain, it could get dicey standing on that fiberglass. I know there is some interference with the awning with a topper on the passenger side, but I think people have done it with the 31fs, I just don't know the details, brand, model number, length etc.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'll be watching this thread. It's one of those to do list item.
Indy_Banipal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:35 PM   #7

One of the best mods added to my 31FS. My dealer installed ours, and they are Care-Free brand I believe. All I did was give them the measurement of the slide.

The front end of the topper and awning cap are very close together with the slide in. With the slide out and while deploying the awning, the end caps barely touch, but do not interfere with each other.
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:53 PM   #8

We just told our dealer to put them on our 26Y. We had toppers prior and while I don’t want the expense they are worth it to us.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote