Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2022, 05:14 PM   #1

Small countertop damage

Hi All,

I have a 2020 Entegra Odyssey 30Z and my wife left an air freshner on the counter near the sink and it leaked in the heat and bubbled up leaving part of the underneath exposed (2 inch by 2 inch) near the faucet.

I'm thinking I can order a small sheet of the overlay and cut it over the damaged part and glue it down by trying to match the pattern up. Otherwise I'd have to order this entire top where the sink is located. This is in the front of the RV.

Question, has anyone here encountered such damage and if so how did you deal with it ? Thanks very much.
Joey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 03:27 PM   #2

Still looking

Hi,

Got a message from Jayco today that they no longer carry this counter top. I found that to be sad considering it's only two years old.

What I'm looking for is something that is fairly thin and I believe the color is called Connect Calcutta Marble laminate. I believe it will be peel and stick. If anyone has a lead on a supplier please let me know. Thanks
Old 04-25-2022, 03:52 PM   #3
Site Team

Does this look like your countertop?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Wilsonart-C...ple/1000423697

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 04:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Does this look like your countertop?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Wilsonart-C...ple/1000423697
I'm betting you just saved him a ton of money and took some serious heat off his DW!!
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 04:45 PM   #5

JFlightRisk, thanks a lot and yes it does. I actually just found some on Amazon (two kinds) and ordered a roll of each. I'm hoping I can cut a square piece out where the damage is and put it in. I'm sure a lot of money will be saved. By the way, it's getting awfully hot in S Georgia so I told the wife we were removing all aerosol spray containers and plastic containers of liquid so nothing else would leak out and cause damage. Haven't seen a post yet suggesting that but hope to soon. Thanks !!!!!
Old 04-25-2022, 05:55 PM   #6
Site Team

You're very welcome! I hope the repair comes out great., let us know what you think.

l

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 06:16 PM   #7

I would clean out the damaged area and fill it in with clear acrylic. It will be level with the counter and also a visible reminder to your DW to never, ever do that again. But that’s just me!!
2012 Jayco 32 BHDS: Long Gone
2007 R-Vision 25: Long Long Gone
1965 Frolic Cabover: My First RV
Bugzilla46310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:42 PM   #8

Update on counter repair

First of all my counter top was damaged in a small spot by leaving one of those plug in air fresheners on it. It swelled up down to the topper.

Jayco said they no longer produce that countertop material and that's just after two years. I haven't been able to find an exact match.

If you remotely think you might need to repair a spot on the countertop or wall you might want to get a replacement spot from Jayco before it's too later. Sure would like to get ours repaired as the spot is on the countertop at the entrance. Since Jayco doesn't manufacturer the peel and stick material seems like they could at least provide their source.