Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2021, 12:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
Just thought I'd revive this thread and annoy everyone! Still miss the MH some but the 18 degree temp and snow tempers the regret a lot. As does not worrying about how its doing in storage, have the mice eaten anything yet, etc etc. Thought about renting a unit come Spring but they want enough to buy the sucker outright. Egad. Hope all are well and not going too stir crazy. Had our first covid vaccines yesterday so hope to be alive come spring.
Great to hear from you and hope your new life is treating you well.

Happy to hear you got your vaccine, still waiting for mine here in CA. Three years short of 75 means we are in tier 1b. Kaiser does not recognize 65 and older, yet .

Sorry to hear about your temps but happy you are considering at least renting a MH. Ours is still sitting in the driveway. Weather's not to bad but COVID is holding us back. Still taking it for it's monthly spin and running the generator.

Keep in touch!
Old 01-23-2021, 12:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReflection View Post
Great to hear from you and hope your new life is treating you well.

Keep in touch!

Great to hear from you also! Doing okay but would much rather living in Washington as New York sucks in so many ways. But, we are loving being close to family and having a gas fireplace Folks I sold our 22J to were supposed to take it to Florida this month. Wish them luck with that but it was a good rig and in very good shape. I would take short trips with your MH if you can stay isolated to some extent. We had very little trouble doing that on the way here, never felt uncomfortable during the little contact we had.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Great to hear from you also! Doing okay but would much rather living in Washington as New York sucks in so many ways. But, we are loving being close to family and having a gas fireplace Folks I sold our 22J to were supposed to take it to Florida this month. Wish them luck with that but it was a good rig and in very good shape. I would take short trips with your MH if you can stay isolated to some extent. We had very little trouble doing that on the way here, never felt uncomfortable during the little contact we had.
Thanks for the response. Hope you find a reasonable priced rental...maybe a private rental?
Old 01-23-2021, 08:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Hope all are well and not going too stir crazy. Had our first covid vaccines yesterday so hope to be alive come spring.

Congratulations on the shots!!! Thanks for rolling up your sleeves!

As the resident introvert in the house, hiding out in the basement and not seeing anyone has not made me stir crazy at all!
Old 01-24-2021, 08:26 AM   #25
VKC

It’s not for everyone. We also love to cruise but have friends that hate it. Be careful and take care
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:16 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Did we miss that story?

Lets just say he wanted to stay home and I wanted to go somewhere to get out of the house. Daughter was flying to NYC at the end of it and I thought we would have the weekend together. He was having none of it. Went on his computer and never got off. That is when we went home. But first he hooked up the trailer wrong and it shifted off its stand and the standing legs buckled. Ended up getting help from the neighbors to right the trailer. Almost ended up having the auto club coming up to lift the trailer and right it. This summer I am going camping with the daughter and her almost fiance and husband stays home with the dogs. Can't go thru that again.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKC View Post
It’s not for everyone. We also love to cruise but have friends that hate it. Be careful and take care

Going on our first cruise next October for Disneys Halloween thing. Can't wait. Just hope we can.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:33 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReflection View Post
Thanks for the response. Hope you find a reasonable priced rental...maybe a private rental?

Hmm, good idea. Will have to look that. There are two large rental companies in Buffalo but they want a fortune and they just have basic class C units.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote