Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2019, 10:48 PM   #1

Sofa

I recently purchased a new 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 26Y. I want to replace the jack knife sofa with stand alone reclining swivel chairs or theater seating. Has this been done by any member here, a ‘how to’ would be welcomed.
Thank you
James
Skysoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:49 PM   #2

James this has been done many times over on the forum by many members.
I have a 2016 Greyhawk 29 MV that I put a RecPro reclining loveseat in. My opening was 62” and I used their 58” unit.
Pictures attached.
Hope this helps. Jimmyd
Attached Thumbnails
20FB6835-9549-4E44-95A5-1E1C8376CF8F.jpg   9984B36C-095B-4FAF-AE39-8573264E8EFE.jpg  
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
I have a 2016 Greyhawk 29 MV that I put a RecPro reclining loveseat in. My opening was 62” and I used their 58” unit.
Pictures attached.
Hope this helps. Jimmyd
I am currently redoing our Motor Home. A Jayco 2005 30 class C. I have already tore out the breakfast nook and have replaced it with a cabinet I built with a power lift TV. WE plan to remove the couch and replace it with a Rec Pro set with a the storage unit between.
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Pictures attached.
Hope this helps. Jimmyd
Thank you for your reply. Jayco made changes to the 2020 year. There is no carpeted platform under the sofa . I guess to save money. This is unexplored territory.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:57 PM   #5

Rec Pro Recliners

Quote:
Pictures attached.
Hope this helps. Jimmyd
Are you satisfied with the rec pro. Thinking of doing the same with mine,

Thanks, Andy
AJP207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysoldier View Post
Thank you for your reply. Jayco made changes to the 2020 year. There is no carpeted platform under the sofa . I guess to save money. This is unexplored territory.
The carpeted raised area under my couch is part of the slide. Does yours not have a slide?

Mine has 6 bolts that come up from under the flor, and are held down with nuts under the couch.

If it did not have a slide, I believe I would install the recliners with lag bolts.

David
Old 09-29-2019, 06:04 PM   #7

That’s what I’m looking at. Two or maybe one swivel recliners with end table. The slide out is very shallow (20”) at the sofa side - maybe because of the 102” instead of 96” wide coach. 32” deep at the dinette side. Confusing, I know.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysoldier View Post
That’s what I’m looking at. Two or maybe one swivel recliners with end table. The slide out is very shallow (20”) at the sofa side - maybe because of the 102” instead of 96” wide coach. 32” deep at the dinette side. Confusing, I know.
I am not sure of how wide my slide out is. but if it is not deep enough to hold the recliners, I will simply add another layer of 3/4 ply to make it as deep as I need it to be. Since we pulled out the breakfast nook , we have lots of room.

Davd
Old 10-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #9

The RecPro is great. We love it. Just can off a 4 month trip of 8,000 miles and really enjoyed the comfort of the new recliner loveseat. Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 01:06 AM   #10

Replacement for jack knife sofa

Has anyone with a Jayco greyhawk 27U been able to replace the jackknife sofa with recliners. It’s the only model I’ve seen where an air vent goes underneath and actually exits the side of the sofa base. Is there a workaround so that we can get a recpro or other manufacturer? In the 27U the sofa is not on a slide . It is across from the dinette which is on a slide. Thanx for any suggestions. The Jayco jackknife is very uncomfortable.
Kjdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote