Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #61

Solar Prep For 2018 26Y

Reukert, we have a 2018 26Y also and I just installed the Renogy 100W kit to keep my battery charged. The other end of the roof solar connector comes out in the driver side belly compartment next to the battery compartment. These 8 gauge wires are tied off in a little black box in the front and upper corner all the way to the back.....it's marked solar. Sure saved a lot of work and the Renogy kit works fine, Wish there was room for a second battery. Good luck
Paul
Schrimscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #62

Solar

We have the 26 XD and friends recommended 2 100W Renogy mono panels and a Kodiak inverter. Looks like the panels wire into the Kodiak and I can plug near anything into the Kodiak..20 lbs..and accepts 30 amp, 2 12 v, several USBs. They have worked with this set up for about 6 months and love it..currently waiting on the Kodiak.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:56 AM   #63

That Kodiak think looks interesting...maybe if I was more mobile camping and different st ups - like one time tent, next time a trailer etc....but for the cost, I can't see it when I can hardwire batteries and an inverter into a compartment under the "house"...I don't need that portability function.
Rueckert is offline   Reply With Quote