Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #1

Smile SOLVED - no water pressure from Truma Aqua Go Hot Water Heater

We have a 2018.5 37FS Seneca super C. Only a few weeks old. Hooking up today in Niagra we had full cold water and no hot. 4 hours of calls and debugging including checking for propane, leaks, flushing the inlet and trying dry camping vs. the city water we were on (plus 10 phone calls to Truma, Coachnet, my dealer) led to Jayco. It turned out to be the water regulator between the city water and the filter before the coach. She said the coach was rated to 90 PSI so that the regulator was uneeded. The water heater was not getting the flow it needed to continuously run. I may adjust the regulator to go up to a higher PSI and test when the water heater works fine. Vacation saved.
s04242004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s04242004 View Post
We have a 2018.5 37FS Seneca super C. Only a few weeks old. Hooking up today in Niagra we had full cold water and no hot. 4 hours of calls and debugging including checking for propane, leaks, flushing the inlet and trying dry camping vs. the city water we were on (plus 10 phone calls to Truma, Coachnet, my dealer) led to Jayco. It turned out to be the water regulator between the city water and the filter before the coach. She said the coach was rated to 90 PSI so that the regulator was uneeded. The water heater was not getting the flow it needed to continuously run. I may adjust the regulator to go up to a higher PSI and test when the water heater works fine. Vacation saved.
I keep my adjustable water pressure regulator set at 45 psi and my Truma Comfort works flawlessly. Glad you got it worked out
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s04242004 View Post
Regulator should be set to no more than 60lbs working pressure. How do they know a regulator is not needed? The campground we just left after spending all summer working there, has 140 lbs water pressure...you Have to have a regulator...far too many poo pooed the idea and paid the price. Dozens had water leaks due to the high pressure. I ALWAYS use a regulator, same as my EMS...never have had a water leak either..

Glad you got it solved, but if your regulator is adjustable set it to 50 lbs and live happily ever after

PS water pressure and water flow are two different birds...you can restrict the flow, but that does nothing to restrict the pressure...same as you can have great pressure but very little flow...

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
Site Team

We were camped in a park last week that only had 30psi. I know if I had a
on-demand type wh I would have had problems.
I carry a inexpensive screw on pressure gauge that makes it easy to check the tap water pressure. I was thinking I had a regulator problem but a quick check put my mind at ease.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
We were camped in a park last week that only had 30psi. I know if I had a
on-demand type wh I would have had problems.
I carry a inexpensive screw on pressure gauge that makes it easy to check the tap water pressure. I was thinking I had a regulator problem but a quick check put my mind at ease.
We stay in many parks with low water pressure. We always use the water from our fresh water tank with no problems at all.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
We stay in many parks with low water pressure. We always use the water from our fresh water tank with no problems at all.
^ ^ ^ ^ Same thing for us!
We have figured out that our Girard Water Heater is fussy the same way... We found that we developed a routine to fill the Fresh Tank once every 3 days and dump the Black every other fill. We get solid water pressure all the time, consistent temperature in the shower and dont have to worry about a freezing water line into the MH in the morning.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #7

Not sure what the lowest pressue a Truma may operate at but our Truma has operated just fine during a stay at one park that barely registered 20# on my adjustable Watts regulator and dropped below that with the water running. As long as we got at least .3 gal/min flow thru the heater, it worked just fine.

And even though your coach/rv may be rated for much higher pressures, Truma says to not go over 60# or pressure. I would definitely use that as a guideline vs. what someone at Jayco said was ok.

Tags
no hot water pressure, truma, water heater