Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #1

Soundstream GPS

I have a VRN-65HXB Soundstream gps in my Melbourne Prestige and the mapping seems to needs to be updated even though it’s a 2019 model . Does anyone know how you wound update the mapping.

royphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #2

I have had an issue with the soundstream in my Melbourne Prestige . You have no way on turning the volume down in the back of the coach without turn down the volume in the front. I got it fix by getting a local stereo shop to wire it correctly but Jayco will not cover the cost because they say it is wire correctly. The amount you pay for this top of the line motorhome I think it should have a fade option. Has anyone one else notice this with there Melbourne Prestige with a Soundstream . If so maybe call Jayco so they know it’s just not my motorhome.. It can be fixed because I got mine fixed but on my own dime.

Old 04-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by royphillips View Post
I have a VRN-65HXB Soundstream gps in my Melbourne Prestige and the mapping seems to needs to be updated even though itís a 2019 model . Does anyone know how you wound update the mapping.
Here is a link to the company that does the map updates, looks like its $75 to do an update, the latest release is 2018 Q3, you may want to check what you have before spending money. https://www.naviextras.com/shop/port...?selectedTab=3
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:00 PM   #4

Thanks
Old 04-30-2019, 07:42 PM   #5

Soundstream had a update late last year for the GPS due to a glitch where when you tapped a letter once, you would get multiple same letters. They would send out a micro SD card with the update to fix this. You might want to check if your radio was updated.

2019 Redhawk 24B

RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Here is a link to the company that does the map updates, looks like its $75 to do an update, the latest release is 2018 Q3, you may want to check what you have before spending money. https://www.naviextras.com/shop/port...?selectedTab=3
There is a $75 charge to update the maps on a brand new system? Is this a one time charge or every time you need to update your maps?

I am glad I have the Garmin system from 2018. In the last year I have installed a half dozen system updates along with half a dozen map updates, all have been at no cost to me.

While I understand a vendor cannot support a system for the lifetime of the device. It seems odd that a device less than a year old requires a charge to update the maps.

Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Soundstream had a update late last year for the GPS due to a glitch where when you tapped a letter once, you would get multiple same letters. They would send out a micro SD card with the update to fix this. You might want to check if your radio was updated.
You donít need to contact them. You can do it yourself. Here is a video I created on how to do it.

https://youtu.be/iEPMrrRFtQY
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by royphillips View Post
I have had an issue with the soundstream in my Melbourne Prestige . You have no way on turning the volume down in the back of the coach without turn down the volume in the front. I got it fix by getting a local stereo shop to wire it correctly but Jayco will not cover the cost because they say it is wire correctly. The amount you pay for this top of the line motorhome I think it should have a fade option. Has anyone one else notice this with there Melbourne Prestige with a Soundstream . If so maybe call Jayco so they know it’s just not my motorhome.. It can be fixed because I got mine fixed but on my own dime.
Jayco always wires them the same for all 2019 class c’s. You have 6 speakers. 2 in the door, 2 in the overhead, and 2 outside. There is a switch for inside/outside. When it is on inside, the front door and overhead are on. When you hit outside, the overhead and out are on. Overhead are always on. Fade doesn’t affect it. While I don’t agree with their set up, that is what they consider correct.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeek View Post
Jayco always wires them the same for all 2019 class cís. You have 6 speakers. 2 in the door, 2 in the overhead, and 2 outside. There is a switch for inside/outside. When it is on inside, the front door and overhead are on. When you hit outside, the overhead and out are on. Overhead are always on. Fade doesnít affect it. While I donít agree with their set up, that is what they consider correct.

I was just playing with my 2019 31FSP with Soundstream. My fade works as you would hope. Front is just cab speakers and read is overheads only. When I flip switch from in side to outside my overheads turn off and outside works. I am very happy with how that is running.
Fishstick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishstick8 View Post
I was just playing with my 2019 31FSP with Soundstream. My fade works as you would hope. Front is just cab speakers and read is overheads only. When I flip switch from in side to outside my overheads turn off and outside works. I am very happy with how that is running.
Whelp, there you go. That's the first I've heard of it that way.