Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-03-2018, 05:14 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jicama View Post
Where is your GPS receiver located? On my 2019 redhawk, mine is in the center of the dashboard and is blocked by the cab over. Called soundstream and they indicated it needs to be moved.
My problem is, I'm hesitant to have the dealer fix the issue. I don't wasn't to have a rattling dashboard.
Are you having a problem with GPS reception? I mean, of course they are going to say it needs to be moved- but unless you have a reason, I wouldn't. Also, I wouldn't put a lot of trust into anything Soundstream says. Take a look at their manual.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #42

I was poking around on Soundstream's website and they have a firmware update out. When I downloaded it, it was marked at 10/30/2018. It describes a fix for the gps entering that many people have had. It is located here under the support tab:
VRN-65HXB | Soundstream
Old 01-24-2019, 08:10 PM   #43

Terrible

I replaced our 2018 Greyhawk with the 2019 model. The Fusion/Garmin was quirky before the firmware updates. The Soundstream is worthless. Poor reception, dismal sound quality, gps still not working, camera lag unsafe, radio comes on with camera. Extremely disappointed. Combination door entry lock and motor driven tv wall mount also gone to save cost! I am going to the owners of my dealership and Jayco Customer Service to voice my complaints.
Snapchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:26 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapchen View Post
I replaced our 2018 Greyhawk with the 2019 model. The Fusion/Garmin was quirky before the firmware updates. The Soundstream is worthless. Poor reception, dismal sound quality, gps still not working, camera lag unsafe, radio comes on with camera. Extremely disappointed. Combination door entry lock and motor driven tv wall mount also gone to save cost! I am going to the owners of my dealership and Jayco Customer Service to voice my complaints.
Why did you go from a 2018 to a 2019 Greyhawk?
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:32 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazerandu View Post
Why did you go from a 2018 to a 2019 Greyhawk?
I needed the dual air conditioner/power management and the new storage door arrangement. The better half liked the layout change in the bedroom. Finally the dealer offered an attractive deal. Thinking all else was the same or equal functionally we made the deal and lost one year of depreciation. Why do you ask?
Old 01-25-2019, 06:18 AM   #46

Where I can check the reviews of VRN 65HXB? Isn't good for iOS devices?
JovanKuziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:40 AM   #47

I use it with iOS, but I use it Bluetooth. I have never hooked it up directly, but since it isn't designed for iOS, it isn't that big of a deal. I can't think of anything that I would lose hooking it over Bluetooth versus plugging it in. Charging? I have a cigarette lighter plug for that.

Understand that it's a $200 head unit. It's very middle range. If you are expecting the same type of user functionality of an iOS device- you will be extremely disappointed. Simply put, if you look at it wanting to hate it, you will. Personally, I thought it would have to be changed out immediately, but I have found it pretty useful. Granted- I am a weekend warrior in mine and most of the time I know where I am going, but I still find the GPS useful. Know that it isn't RV friendly- like you can't plug in height/weight to be routed around things. I like the camera when I back up. It's more of a top down camera, so I know I still need to get out and look where I am going before I back in.

Here is a video I did where you can do a few tweaks to make things better.

Right out of the factory, it has a glitch with the GPS data entry. If you try to type a letter, such as A, you would get AAAA. There is a fix and here is a video to walk you though that.

I have found that for my use, I like this. Would I have chose it over a Kenwood, Alpine, or a Sony? No. However, it does what I need. Bluetooth so I can listen to my own music, podcasts, or streaming on an iOS device? Works fine. A workable GPS to get me to where I am going? Check. I can use it as a bit of surround sound in the AUX function when I am watching TV. Yep, does that. The trestieral radio did a great job of letting me listen to the Jaguars lose.

If I bought a $65,000 car, would I think this radio would be sufficient? No, I would be pretty pissed. But I didn't buy a car- I bought a motorhome and I feel it does fine for what I need it to do. Long term plans- I may replace it. But for now, I'd rather spend that money on outfitting my camper.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:48 AM   #48

Also- I notice a lot of people get mad at it, turn it off, and then get even madder when it comes on when, in a Grayhawk, they use their blinkers or in both a Grayhawk or Redhawk, put it in reverse. It comes on to show the cameras. My suggestion here is don't turn it off. Mute it- you do that by tapping the power button.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:40 AM   #49

Expectations

It is not a $65,000 car. It is a $120,000 motorhome. My expectations are higher, and last year was a much better Fusion/Garmin with RV customizable GPS.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:44 AM   #50

I stated my opinion, that's it. I bought a $65,000 motorhome. I did not buy a $120,000 motorhome. I am certainly not trying to influence yours. If you don't like it, that's cool. I responded to a request for a review.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #51

I noticed on another board some one is the same predicament at yours. They had a 2018 and traded in on a 2019. They were unhappy with the electronic lock not being on the 2019 and Jayco sent them one. Maybe you can reach out to Jayco and see if they'd provide you with a Fusion/Garmin?
Old 01-25-2019, 12:05 PM   #52

Thanks. I will contact Jayco Customer Service and see if some consideration is possible. Stay tuned for the results.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:08 PM   #53

I just got off the phone with Jayco Customer Service. They will fix or replace the original Soundstream, but will not help with supplying or any consideration for last years Garmin/Fusion.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #54

While I know that's not the news you wanted to hear, if I can help you with the Soundstream, I would be glad to.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:48 PM   #55

Just bought a used 2019 mvp with 1050 miles and as the second owner jayco will not give me any warranty...as it was well priced I can live with that but this radio is really frustrating me ...I see on here I am not the only one...just not sure what to do about it...have learned on here already about needing an adapter to get Sirius radio..wondering if a not very hi tech guy can use my android phone to get Sirius thru the radio...any advice appreciated !!
Jacyko rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #56

That’s probably the easier route. You can pair your phone over Bluetooth and use the SiriusXM app.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:11 PM   #57

Thks for the info...thinking I will try that
Old 06-03-2019, 05:16 PM   #58

Thks for the Info
Old 06-04-2019, 10:55 AM   #59

Not a fan so far of the sound stream... Do any of the aftermarket options support the cameras? Would love to swap this thing out for something that's better but if it won't support the cameras it's not worth it naturally...

My biggest complaint, by far, is the angle of the display... You can barely see it from the driver seat which seems a bit odd if you're trying to use it as an actual navigable GPS system...

I'm looking into phone mounts for my iPhone since it looks like I'll be using Apple/Google maps for GPS going forward since I can at least see it... LOL

Thanks,
Jeff
jeffro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:43 PM   #60

I haven't seen one yet but I have also just started looking..ba kup cam should have been in the mirror

Tags
soundstream