Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #1

Soundstream VRN-65HXB GPS Entry Glitch

If you have a 2019 Greyhawk or Redhawk, you may have the Soundstream VRN-65HXB Infotainment System. There is a glitch that causes the entry to hit multiple entries in GPS. For example, if you try to type '1' you get '111' or if you try to type Broward RD, you might get BBBBOOO before you get mad and give up. Soundstream released a fix for this on 10/30. It is on their website and linked below. While I am sure your dealer can fix it, it's pretty easy to fix yourself. You go and get the zip folder and say it to your desktop. Unzip it. Open the folder it creates called 'VRN-65 Series - GPS Manual Destination Entry Update' In that, select your operating system. I use windows, so I used the one labeled 'VRN-65 Series - GPS Manual Destination Entry Update' Go in that folder, open the folder called 'Update Files', selected all of the files and copy them over to a formatted microSD card. Go to your RV and make sure everything is off. Take out the GPS microSD card on the head unit. It's in the top right corner. Do not lose this. Put in the card you just copied the files on. The contacts go up on the card. Start the RV. It should start on its own, but if not, go to GPS and it will start. You'll know it's done when it says 'NO SIGNAL.' Turn off the radio and then turn off the RV. Put the GPS card back in- remember, contacts up. Start the RV, start the radio, and go to GPS. You might have to tell the GPS to go to Primo.exe path. That's it. The GPS will start and that horrible glitch will be gone.

The update is on the support tab at the bottom:
https://soundstream.com/product/vrn-65hxb/
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:43 PM   #2

Attached is the word file from Soundstream for the upgrade.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Instructions.doc (63.5 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-07-2019, 07:59 PM   #3

I made a video for this process. It's easy to do, but if you don't want to do it, show it to your dealer and they should be able to do it for you.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:32 AM   #4

Did installing a new software solve the problem for you?
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytalk View Post
Did installing a new software solve the problem for you?
Yep- it solved the entry glitch. It doesn't type multiple letters like it did.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:11 AM   #6

Soundstream VRN-65HXB GPS Entry Glitch

I tried this but I could not get the update to work. Is there a size limit in the micro as card? I used a 64GB card and wondered if that was my issue.

Basically when I swapped the card in with radio off, turned in, went to GPS, it came up with a prompt to find primo.exe. I would hit the enter key arrow and nothing would happen. On instructions it showed 2 line items to select when picking primo.exe but mine only showed one. I am wondering if it can’t see a large sd card that size maybe?
Fishstick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:04 AM   #7

I used a 32G, if I recall correctly. Did it ever go into the update itself? Did you unzip the folder and bring over the files only- not the folder?
Old 01-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #8

I unzipped the files and copied them over to the card. I even verified the count of files as 15 and matched the files and size to the video.

The update never starts. I tried shutting off radio in GPS and turning back on with no luck. When I enter GPS mode the find primo.exe window comes up but hitting enter does nothing to start update. Just sits in that screen.

SD card formatted on windows and files are in root directory.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:16 AM   #9

Do you have another card to try?
Old 01-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #10

They are all used. I was going to buy a little cheap one to try as maybe it can’t see the 64GB size I have available. Wonder if that is he issue. It is a Samsung 64GB class 10 card.

Was curious if others had that issue. Let me order one and see. Is the one you used MicroSD or MicroSDXC?
Old 01-16-2019, 11:43 AM   #11

Here is the specific card I used.
Attached Thumbnails
0558DACC-6973-4034-8E3C-1C4EC26FA1F0.jpg  
Old 01-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #12

Thanks for the video on this problem because we just finished a 6000 km trip and it drove us crazy. I wondered if you have or have a cure for a problem we have on the gps , it doesn’t give any advanced warning on a turn coming until it’s time to turn and the it says turn right or left right at the corner. We have the box checked that says give advanced warnings already but it still doesn’t give any warning.
royphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:53 PM   #13

I am using a similar card but a different standard. I have a XC card which is a newer standard than the HC card you used. XC cards only work in newer readers and are not backward comparable with readers which only support HC. I am going to get an HC card and try again.

Keep fingers crossed that works.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by royphillips View Post
Thanks for the video on this problem because we just finished a 6000 km trip and it drove us crazy. I wondered if you have or have a cure for a problem we have on the gps , it doesn’t give any advanced warning on a turn coming until it’s time to turn and the it says turn right or left right at the corner. We have the box checked that says give advanced warnings already but it still doesn’t give any warning.
Hmm. I am not sure on that one. Let me play around with it and see what I can find. Here is a video I threw together real quick on the radio. But I don't address that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishstick8 View Post
I am using a similar card but a different standard. I have a XC card which is a newer standard than the HC card you used. XC cards only work in newer readers and are not backward comparable with readers which only support HC. I am going to get an HC card and try again.

Keep fingers crossed that works.
Hopefully, that's it!
Old 01-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #15

Unfortunately that is not it. I had one card exactly like that. Did nothing.

I called the company support and they said this is happening on some radios now and they do not know why. I am on a list to get an update if they find a fix.

At this point it will go on my list for my dealer to fix under warrantee the next time it is in.

Thank you for your help.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:15 PM   #16

You are welcome. Hopefully they get it fixed or at least take care of you.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:21 PM   #17

Fishstick8. I got my SD card and tried to update too and my GPS is doing the same thing. Let me know if you find a fix. My GPS is frozen at \SorageCard\Primo\Primo.exe with the world picture in the backround which according to the instructions should be the finishing screen.

It never started updating just froze right there.
Rino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:35 PM   #18

Because mine is on warranty I thought I would let the dealer fix the problem. I will check with him soon to see if they solved the problem of the glitch and then I’ll get back with you
Old 01-29-2019, 05:26 AM   #19

That sucks. I would reach out to Jayco to see if 1) they’d replace the radio or 2) pay for it to be replaced.

This cost savings move looks like it backfired in taking on these radios.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:46 AM   #20

The dealer just phoned and said that they got the gps working properly but they had to disconnect the battery and then reconnect it because just using the SD card didn’t work