Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #1

Spare Wheel Again

Can someone please supply a part# or info on where to by a spare rim for 2018 ford e450 Redhawk 26xd. Ford want 350+
Thanks
ninjafreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #2

From what I gathered Part# 8c24-1015 is part Number I would just like to confirm before ordering
ninjafreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #3

Sorry, I do not remember and can't find record of mine. You can look on one of your rims. It will be stamped on the outside rim. Easy to see on a front wheel. I did that to confirm part number before ordering.
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:57 PM   #4

Forgot to mention, found good used one's on ebay for less than $100. Cleaned and spray bombed, New bolt in valve stem, wal mart.com Hankook 10 ply tire mounted and balanced by wal mart. Whole deal was just over $200. Hope this helps.
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:11 PM   #5

Hello
That is part # on our 2016 E450... lincolnpimp was Ebay dealer we brought
one from. Try mounting rim on front to confirm it fits.
The front brake caliper is a close fit..
katiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeUSNRet View Post
Forgot to mention, found good used one's on ebay for less than $100. Cleaned and spray bombed, New bolt in valve stem, wal mart.com Hankook 10 ply tire mounted and balanced by walmart. Whole deal was just over $200. Hope this helps.

I did the same thing . just a tad over $200. when complete , not to get it mounted on the rig

I am going to try mounting it under the my Greyhawk with a drop down set up
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:55 PM   #7

Local Junk Yard

I Googled how to measure the size of the wheel, # of lug nuts, distance between the lugs etc. and went to my local junk yard with the numbers. I told the guy I wanted a Ford 450 rim and it took him 10 minutes to find one for $75. I tried it on to be sure it was correct, sanded it a little and painted it so it looks like new and hopefully will never touch the ground. There is a "Spare Tire" post with a lot of good info on this subject if you want to search around for a while.
[Edit]
Here is a link that gives some info on measuring the rim needed including the bolt pattern.
This link discusses the "winch" from Teca that I and others used to lift a spare up into the available space under our rigs. I think it works very well even though I've only made it go up and down 4-5 times, but it has also held the spare very securely for thousands of miles. I am very happy I added this to my GreyHawk.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f30/adding-spare-tire-mount-to-greyhawk-9377.html