Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #1

Stabilizer issues 2017 Melbourne

my stabilizer stopped auto retracting on our 2017 Melbourne does anyone have an idea about the circuit and where components are located. I.e. relay, etc.
Ortak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:53 PM   #2

I'm hoping your problem has been solved by now, but if not... The control box on my 2018 24L is under the wood panel, under the sink. As a side note, inside the little black box are two adjustment knobs to adjust how much force you want the Jack's to apply.
Firedog908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #3

Yeah I have it working now. I found the control unit and tried adjusting it at the same time. Do your stabilizers actually do any good. I don’t notice much stabilization even when I max the adjustments. I think the issue is because the stabilizers are so close to the center of the sprinter. Too bad they were not outboard more.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #4

You can feel them start to take the weight off of the suspension, it's just not enough to make that much of a difference. I was able to take more weight off of the driver's side to compensate for the large slideout
Firedog908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #5

I am going to investigate adjusting mine. In addition to the “stabilizer” I made a homemade stabilizer out of 2 x 4’s and a ratchet strap on the trailer hitch. It doesn’t eliminate it all but makes a difference. I got the idea from another thread here it he travel trailer section.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:45 AM   #6

I would love to move the stabilizers to the rear some how and turn them 90 degrees and mount them on the rear and have the pads go in an outboard direction. That would make a lot of difference but I don’t know how much of a mod it would require. One thing that helps that I did was to put gas shocks on our unit. It really helped BIG TIME with the side to side swaying. I think it also made a difference with stabilization when parked. Maybe that why the stabilizers don’t seem to do any good.