Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
Lost in the Woods

Stabilizers not working

I recently bought my 2005 31 GS Greyhawk. The battery for the house was bad and I had it replaced. The Stabilizers worked when I installed the new battery but only the rear would operate when I tried them next. Now only the left rear, the closest to the battery will operate. the others will only click.
Has anyone had this problem with their unit? Also. Should my unit have had a manual crank for the levelers. I have one piece, which seems to be the out side piece with the crank portion attached. It will not reach the levelers and if attached under the unit, it hits the bottom of the house and you can not turn it.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks
David
1SG Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #2

Do you have any manuals that came with your RV? There may be a reset or relearn procedure that needs to be followed.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #3

What ever system you have was installed after market, stabilizers or leveling jacks were not a factory option.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:50 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Stabilizers not working.

I printed a copy of the owners manual, 99 pages. Even punch it and put it in a binder. There is nothing in it about how to fix a problem with the levelers.
Mine are electric with 4 toggles for up and down located in one of the lower compartments near the house battery.
I get most of my instructions from Utube. But nothing on there for this type of stabilizers.
By the way, thanks for the come back.
David
Old 03-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

My manual on the vehicle say to insert the crank onto the stabilizer shaft, crank clockwise to lower ect... I believe the jacks came with the unit originally but possibly the electric part was an add on??
I do have one half of a crank, so that may be the problem.
Still they worked the first time I tried them after changing out the old battery. Now only click.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #6

Just my two cents would not the click be the relay to the pump motor check voltages to pump motor or controls and wiring or dirty contacts
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:51 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by che57vy View Post
Just my two cents would not the click be the relay to the pump motor check voltages to pump motor or controls and wiring or dirty contacts
I'll pull the battery and clean all the connections before I put it back together.
That could be the problem.
Ill let you knw how that comes out.
Thanks for the ideas.
David
Old 03-23-2018, 10:54 PM   #8

I have BigFoot levelers on mine and when my house battery died they started acting up. After changing the battery they were out of sync. I belive I called big foot and they had me unplug the switch panel for a minute so the system could reset. But if you have big foot levelers give them a call they are very friendly and helpful.
Greyhawk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:51 PM   #9

I have been told leveling jacks are hogs on your power and should only be operated when plugged into shore power or when the generator is running. I also had an issue one time where mine didn't want to work at all, and I did what Greyhawk01 just said and disconnected the switch panel for a few minutes and when i put it back on everything worked fine.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #10
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky46 View Post
I have been told leveling jacks are hogs on your power and should only be operated when plugged into shore power or when the generator is running. I also had an issue one time where mine didn't want to work at all, and I did what Greyhawk01 just said and disconnected the switch panel for a few minutes and when i put it back on everything worked fine.
I appreciate the advice. I'll give that a try. At the moment I am busy reroofing my garage. My wife Sandra says we are not going anywhere until we get that done. I had a blue tarp on it until the tarp rotted away, then I covered it in clear poly.
Since we returned from our last and first trip in our new Jayco Greyhawk, I have torn off and replaced the whole roof. As of today I have it all dried in with felt and have the edge molding on plus the starter course laid. All my bundles of shingles are on the roof. Next I need to get busy laying them. I should "if the weather cooperates" have it done in just a couple of days. Then I will get back to the Motor Home.
A question: Would disconnecting the battery be the same as disconnecting the switch panel? If not, then how did you do that. Mine operates with 4 separate toggles in the left rear storage box. I don't have the switch panel with the electronic diagram of the 4 jacks on it.
Thanks again for the help.
David
Old 03-25-2018, 04:20 AM   #11

Mine may be different but need to be cleaned and greased annually if not they wont wont down or not all the way.
Wild4Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #12
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild4Williamsburg View Post
Mine may be different but need to be cleaned and greased annually if not they wont wont down or not all the way.
Are yours electric also?
Old 03-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #13

Electric switch but I believe hydraulic powered.
Wild4Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote