Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingaz View Post
I found these to be the best and most reasonable for my Seneca. I went to Always Shinny and bought valve stem extenders and stabilizers that are custom made for the wheel on your RV. That eliminated the vibration and movement that causes itsues with valve stem extenders.

https://www.shinyrv.com/product-cate...n-stabilizers/
I did the same thing for the 2020 Accolade. Bought the stabilizers designed for the wheels and have had no issues since installation about 1000 miles ago.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #22

As I covered in my March 22, 2019 tire blog post on valve cores you should only need to tighten till the air leak stops then + a half turn. But always be sure to test for leaks with a spritz of Windex or soapy water or similar. The4 extension should not be loose and there should be NO air bubbles.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I did the same thing for the 2020 Accolade. Bought the stabilizers designed for the wheels and have had no issues since installation about 1000 miles ago.

$120 for 4 rubber grommets?? I don't think so...

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
$120 for 4 rubber grommets?? I don't think so...
For my rig I got 2 for 30.00.

I believe the link posted says 30.00 for 2 and not 30.00 for 1.

To me the 30.00 is well worth the price of not having to crawl under the coach to check the inner tire pressure.

I had the braided lines shown in another post on my Challenger and they would leak air over the coarse of a week or two. The extensions and grommets haven't leaked any air and they have been on for 4 months.

Why would you need 4 anyway? The only wheels that actually need extensions are the inner duals and the. grommet is positioned in the outside wheel to stabilize the extension from the inner wheel.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Why would you need 4 anyway? The only wheels that actually need extensions are the inner duals and the. grommet is positioned in the outside wheel to stabilize the extension from the inner wheel.

Okay, my bad as I misunderstood both the website and how they worked. Makes much more sense now.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:35 PM   #26

Some people don't like the flexible rear tire extenders but I sure do. Installed my first set on my dually almost 30 years ago. Never had a leak. Put the same braided extensions on my 2017 Greyhawk and only had one problem because I failed to fully tighten the inner tire hose. My mistake and I will fully blame my wife for it.

I put short steel extenders on the front tires and didn't have a problem on my old rig. On my new one the extenders would keep loosening up and leaking for some reason. I was about to put a dab of Loctite on them but ended up just removing them all together. I dimpled the hub cap just enough so I could get my inflator on the valves and this has worked very well.

Also installed a TPMS on all 6 tires and this gives me great peace of mind. Previously I would go through the process of checking all tires before every trip but now I can just look at the display and be done with it the majority of the time.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote